Chapter Twenty Six

I moved my attention to what clothes to wear. It sounds stupid, the love of my life and brother had been taken and beaten and I wasn't sure if they were still alive. Today could be the day I die.

And I'm looking for clothes to wear.

It was a way of distracting myself, but at the same time, it was a critical decision. I needed to wear something that made me look somewhat intimidating. Something that screamed don't mess with me.

This is so stupid. They won't take me seriously, why would they? All they want is to kill me, to take the throne from me before I even get the chance to look at it. I'm not going down without a fight. Not a chance.

I picked out some basic, black high waisted jeans along with a black tank top. I went over to my mirror and applied makeup, it was a good way of trying to ignore reality. I made my eyeliner a lot thicker and longer to try and look intimidating.

I put on my combat boots, mainly because they were comfy and if I kicked someone it would hurt a lot more.

Something was missing though. I couldn't just wear what I had on. I needed some kind of jacket, but I didn't know what.

I threw myself back onto my bed and shut my eyes, letting out a loud huff. I turned in the bed, laying towards where Namjoon would normally be. I pulled the pillow into me and wrapped arms around it. The light smell of mint was left from Namjoon, making me let out a small smile.

"I'll see you soon" I whispered I to the pillow, even though he wasn't really there, I felt as though he was. My eyes were shut as I spoke, allowing me to imagine that he was there, smiling to me.

I opened my eyes, and diverted my eyes away from the pillow, looking passed it and towards the other side of the room. Something caught my attention.

The black leather jacket that Namjoon so eagerly wanted to buy was laid against the desk chair. I instantly jumped up from my laying position, crawling across my bed to grab the jacket.

He'd only worn it a few times, but it had the same minty scent to it. I instantly put it on, it was too big for me, but it was cosy. It was warm too, reminding me more of Namjoon even more.

I knew what I was missing now.

3am.

I had 3 hours until I get to see them again.

3 hours until everything changes, whether it be good or bad. Only time will tell.

I needed something to eat, something that would give me a lot of energy. Something that I was definitely going to need. I wasn't sure if I'd have anything to eat after today, maybe all together.

As I left, I gave my room a final look. I'd spent over 100 years in that room, and I didn't know whether I was going to return to it. I was going to leave anyway, to go to the castle. Maybe I'll never be able to go to the castle.

"Alexa!" I heard someone call as I stood outside of my door. My body was suddenly engulfed by Jimin in a giant hug. He was always there to comfort people when they needed it.

"I'm coming with you tonight" he said into my ear as he continued to hug me.

"Jimin, you don't have to, what about Holly?" I replied, I didn't want too many people coming. It wouldn't be safe for them.

"Holly is staying here, we've already spoken about it. Alexa, I'm not letting you go there without me. Not only are you risking your life, but Taehyung is at risk too. I'm not loosing either of you, never mind you both" he said to me sternly, he was telling me. Not asking me. Instead of saying anything back, I just nodded in agreement.