Part 24 - S Class Trials

Things were getting competitive around the guild. Reader is sitting at the bar talking with Mira.
"All this free time and I'm bored, Freed and Evergeen have been going on solo missions. Trail stuff." Reader says exhausted sitting at the bar.
"You know about the trail coming up?" asks Mira.
"Bixlow said something about it the other day. He's not interested in doing bunch of jobs just like me. A lot of people are going on solo missions too." says reader.
"Mhmm, it's gets like that close to the trail. Are you wanting to be in the trail too?"
"Oh no, I don't have my so called power awakened yet." says reader.
"What do you mean?" asks Mira.
"Oh nothing! Just me making a joke." Reader says smiling at Mira.
"Oh okay, well why don't you want to?" asks Mira.
"There's wizards stronger than me in the guild, plus, I'm rooting for one of the members of thunder legion to get in there."
"Well that's great you're thinking of your friends!"
"Yeah yeah, they're dorks but they're strong."
Mira smiles at readers remake about the thunder legion.
"You're getting really close to them, huh?" says Mira.
"Yeah, I didn't at first but now I'm used to them being around me."

Couple weeks later. Reader comes into the guild and everyone is standing in front of the stage where they had the Miss Fairy Tail contest. Reader spots Wendy in the crowd.
"Hey Wendy!" says reader.
"Hey (Y/N)!" says Wendy.
"What's going on?" asks reader.
"I think the master is gonna tell us about something big that's happening!"
"Oh cool." says reader.
Reader is pretty sure it's about the S class trail but she better let master tell them instead.
The curtains finally roll up revealing Master, Erza, Mira and Guildarts on the stage.
"In accordance with the Fairy Tails guild's time honoured tradition, I will now annouce this year's S class wizard promotion trial!" says Master.
Everyone cheers after his announcement, then Erza and Guildarts calms them down. Then Master continues.
"The trail this year will take place on Tenrou island, our guild's sacred ground." he says.
Master announces 8 people who he has chosen and Freed has been picked for a spot in the trail.
"Yay! Go Freed!" yells reader as she runs up to Freed.
"Thank you, I knew I would be picked." says Freed.
Bixlow is excited for Freed as well as Evergreen.
The rules are set and told to the guild. The master then tells the contestants to meet in a week with their partners.
"Bixlow, will you assist me with the trail?" Freed askes Bixlow.
"Of course, buddy!" says Bixlow.
"What?! Why not me?" asks Evergreen.
"Sorry, Ever. Freed has chosen, haha." says Bixlow.
"Fine." Evergeen says then turns to walk away.
"I'll go follow her." Reader says to Bixlow and Freed.

Evergreen is at the bar and reader sits next to her.
"Are you really surprised he chooses Bixlow?" Reader askes Evergeen.
"No, but I'll find a way to be in the trail, show the master I can get someone to be S class!" says Evergreen.
"Whoa! Who are you gonna help?" reader says looking around.
"I'm not sure." says Evergreen.
"Well let's look who's available."
Then reader sees Evergeen looking towards the table that Lucy and them are sitting at.
"The ones in the trail are Grey, Juvia and Elfman sitting at that table." says reader.
Then reader sees Lisanna asking Juvia to be partners.
"I think Grey is partners with that one guy standing behind him." says reader.
"That's Loki, I'm sure you're right, he's a celestial spirit but a member of Fairy Tail. Which would explain why he's here." Says Evergreen.
"So that leaves Elfman." says reader "wait did you ever talk to Elfman before?"
"In a way, during the battle of Fairy Tail." says Evergreen.
"Uhhh.. weren't you guys like all fighting the guild?" says reader.
"Never mind that, I still need to be his partner."
"Okay, good luck with that." Reader walks away from Evergreen.

The next day.
"Looks like Elfman decided to go with you after all!" Reader says Happy to Evergreen.
"Yes, so we're gonna be training for a couple days until we leave for the island." says Evergreen.
"I wish you luck on you're training. No hard feelings?" Freed says to Evergreen.
"No, but I bet I can get Elfman to be S class and you'll feel bad for picking Bixlow." says Evergreen.
"So that's what it's about. You wanna get back at Freed. Let's go train buddy! I'll make you S class!" says Bixlow.
"Fine! Elfman! Let's go!" yells Evergreen.
Elfman looks scared but still follows Evergreen.
Reader spots Wendy walking towards her.
"Hey! Looks like it would just be you and me hanging back at the guild while the trail goes on." says reader.
"Actually, I got asked to be someone's partner last night." says Wendy.
"Who?"
"Mest."
"Oh really?? Awe, everyone's going except me."
"Don't feel bad, the trail is only one day."
"Yeah true. I'll be fine anyways, gotta look after the bar with Kinana."
Wendy and reader continue hanging out for the rest of the day.
The week was going by with everyone in the trail training.