Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"So I just have to make a right turn and..." Naruto muttered to himself as he prepared himself to enter  the room that Principal Tsunade directed him to.

He was about to push down the handle of the door when he heard the beautiful piano piece being played...

"Isn't that... Again... from that Anime, 'Your Lie In April'..." Naruto thought to himself in his head.

As the piece went on for another minute, Naruto's curiosity got the better of him.

He pushed the handle down and stepped in slowly.

He saw a grand white piano in the middle of the room and the pianist has long midnight blue hair, her back facing him.

He was awed by the atmosphere all in all, what with the glowing of the sunset shining on the piano and the pianist only...

"Why does that hair look familiar..." Naruto asked in his head as he suddenly gasped.

The pianist suddenly stopped playing and her head snapped around to face the newcomer.

"Hinata? Hinata Hyuga??? You're the one Principal Tsunade said in-charge of the music curriculum???" Naruto asked in disbelief.

Hinata's pale lavender eyes slowly widened as she tried to compose herself before her crush.

"Erm... Ano... Na-naruto... Kun..." she suddenly let that suffix slipped out her mouth.

Naruto scrunched his face up in confusion.

"Huh? Kun? Since when are we that close?" he snorted as Hinata's cheeks start to turn pink.

"Erm... S-sorry, I gotta go." Hinata say abruptly as she quickly pick up her bagpack and dash for the door behind Naruto.

Naruto's eyes widened as he quickly blocked Hinata's only exit. The bluenette bumped straight into Naruto's body as his arms wrapped around her in an attempt to catch her in case she fall backwards.

"Hinata!" Naruto scolded. "Can you be lesser of a klutz? Everytime I see you do stuff, you're always dropping stuff or even dropping yourself!"

Hinata's eyes brimmed with tears as she heard Naruto.

"Exactly Naruto kun... That's because you're looking at me... That's why I become a klutz when your eyes are on me..." she thought to herself but didn't say anything as Naruto pulled her away, his hands still on her shoulders.

"Look I don't really like you for all the times you detained and punished me but I came here for a different reason. I wanna join the music club here. University of Konoha has the best track record for their music club..." Naruto began but Hinata quickly swallowed her tears as she looked up at Naruto.

She didn't want him to know that she was about to cry.

"Only for the pianist club..." she interrupted him softly but Naruto didn't hear her clearly.

"Huh? What? Sorry I didn't get that." Naruto asked.

"If you want to join the music club, it's broken into many different branches. Do you want to play the violin, harp, flute..." Hinata ranted but Naruto cut her off as he pointed at the piano behind her.

"I wanna play THAT." he emphasized.

Hinata's eyes widened.

"The-the... The piano?" she asked in shocked and Naruto rolled his eyes.

"Yes. The piano your majesty. I'm not born yesterday, I know what is that instrument over there." Naruto said in sarcasm.

Hinata shook her head.

"No-no! That's not what I meant Na-Naruto!" Hinata stuttered as she tried to hold back the suffix –kun. "Do you know why the piano club maintained a gold trophy all the way for 25 years?"

Naruto fixed his ocean blue eyes onto Hinata's lavender ones.

"Yes."

Hinata swallowed nervously as she held his gaze.

"Why?"

"Because of the Hyuga reputation."

Hinata didn't flinch from his answer.

"And what about it?"

"Years ago, your father, Hiashi Hyuga started the reign here and continued it on with other Hyuga clan members who came here."

Hinata nodded her head.

"So you-you... You can understand why Naruto... You can't be a pianist here... There can only be one pianist..." Hinata whispered as her heart clenched with pain.

She is already the reason for Naruto disliking her. Now she's going to make Naruto hate her too? God why...

"And you remember your father has a rival?" Naruto pressed on. "That was supposed to be in the piano competition but he died in an accident?"

Hinata thought for a while before she remembered her father's story.

"Yes. What-what about it?" she asked softly.

"That rival who died in an accident, and supposed to reign here. WAS my father. I'm here to take back the title for him." Naruto stated simply as Hinata's eyes widened in surprise at the revelation...