Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Hinata frowned as she played a game on Naruto's iPhone.

"Naruto why is this game so difficult?"

Naruto meanwhile was playing the piano as he gave a slight chuckle.

"It's not that hard once you get the hang of it..." he suddenly stopped playing and Hinata looked up at her boyfriend.

"What's wrong Naruto kun?"

Naruto gave her a sheepish smile.

"I need to go to the toilet."

Hinata gave a smile and shook her head.

"Alright go ahead I'll just wait here."

Naruto kissed her forehead and went to the restroom which is at the back of the piano room. Meanwhile Hinata continued playing a game called 'War Dragons' on Naruto's phone.

A few Facebook notifications appeared and Hinata read the messages. She sighed to herself as she opened Naruto's Facebook. It has become a norm for the bluenette to be bombarded by girls' desperate and flirtatious messages whenever she's using her boyfriend's phone. Initially she was a bit jealous of the attention that Naruto was getting but he kept reassuring her that he only has eyes for her and all she has to do is just switch to offline mode and they'll stop bothering him...

Yumiko: hey naruto... saw you online... it's been awhile, ;)

Haruka: naruto baby I miss you! Finally I see you online! Did you block me or something? =(

Mimi: hey blondie. It's rare to see you online. I'm feeling kinda horny. Wanna hook up? =P

Keiko: naruto! Are you avoiding me?!? You don't reply my messages, you don't pick up my calls! I can't get through to you anymore for the past few months! I miss the wild nights we had! ="(

Hinata frowned to herself as she scrolled through all the messages.

"Hey princess, what's up with the frown? You know you'll get older much faster! Smile more Hinata!" Naruto's voice suddenly sounded from beside her.

Hinata looked up and blinked for awhile before pouting at him.

"Your fan girls are at it again." she complaint as Naruto sighed, running his fingers through his blonde hair.

"Hinata, I told you to ignore them didn't I? Just switch to offline mode. I think Facebook has a stupid glitch. My account doesn't seem to remember that I want to be constantly in offline mode..."

"Naruto it's not that. Why not you just block these girls?" Hinata asked softly. "Are you still..."

Naruto's blue eyes widened as he clasped one of Hinata's free hand in his.

"Hinata believe me when I say I'll never cheat on you! I never block them because there were too many of them and I was just too lazy to find the time to do it!"

Hinata frowned as she pushed the phone into his hand.

"Well you are free now so do it." she said curtly as Naruto smiled and took his phone.

"Right, with pleasure! Is my princess jealous?" Naruto teased as he began blocking and deleting his fan girls.

"Well you would be jealous too if I constantly have fan boys after me." Hinata muttered and that's when Naruto remembered what has been bothering him since the past few weeks.

"Hinata chan... I have something to ask you..." Naruto asked after he's done with Hinata's request.

The blonde guy looked up at his girlfriend.

Hinata cocked her head sideways.

"Yes?"

"Who's the Otsutsuki family to you?" Naruto went straight to the point. "I saw Toneri and Momoshiki Otsutsuki's comments about spending their childhood with you and they even argued about being engaged or married to you on Facebook..."

Hinata's body stiffened as she heard that family name...

"Hinata chan?" Naruto asked worriedly when he saw her reaction. "Has your father already arranged for you..."

"No." Hinata quickly cut him off as she shook her head. "No. My father will never marry me off to an Otsutsuki."

Naruto's eyes widened.

"Then why did they..."

"They still think they have a chance with me. The Otsutsuki family is a relative of ours but they've been trying to buy and control a share of my father's company when they already have their own company. My father knows their intention to marry me is mainly because they want to control his corporation." Hinata explained.

Naruto looked down at Hinata's hand which was still clasped in his.

"That's... That's a terrible reason to marry someone..." Naruto gritted his teeth as he tightened his grip.

"Naruto kun..." Hinata said gently. "I'm not marrying either of them... Even Neji is against it though he settles it in a more professional way compared to my father. My father is more harsh and blunt about the matter. He goes straight to the point and disagrees that I should be married off to their family..."

Naruto sighed as he hugged Hinata in his arms.

"I don't want to lose you..." he whispered and Hinata smiled up at him.

"You won't lose me... Ever... Naruto kun..."

Naruto pecked her lips and Hinata too remembered something.

"Naruto kun... May I ask you something too?"

"Err yea go ahead? What is it?"

"Last few months... Sasuke told me that you weren't too happy when you told him you're studying banking... Why is that?"

Naruto's eyes blinked and widened in surprise.

"Err what? How did that teme know???"

"He said he's your best friend so he knows. He said there was something off when you said it."

"Tsk. Nothing escapes the sharp eyesight of an Uchiha I guess..." Naruto sighed as he looked at his girlfriend. "Well... I wanted to study Music and Arts just like you but if I do that then I won't have the qualifications to take over my dad's business as stated in his will..."

"Do you want money or pursue what you love?" Hinata suddenly asked.

Naruto shook his head.

"No Hinata chan you don't understand. That banking business was my dad's passion. His love for piano was just a hobby. Mine is the opposite. I love to play piano but I like to do banking..." Naruto gave another sigh. "It's confusing isn't it?"

Hinata digested what Naruto said before pulling away and stared at his hands while playing with his fingers.

"Hmm... When you put it that way, it is confusing... Well... at least you got the best of both worlds. You get to study banking and still be in a curricular activity that is piano."

"I do but... I won't be able to win the title for myself... and also for my dad..."

Hinata looked up sharply at him.

"Naruto kun you know I won't force you to let me win! We'll do it fair and square!"

Naruto's blue eyes softened as he stared into Hinata's lavender ones.

"No Hinata chan. I just don't feel right being chosen for the title when your father has been grilling you for this moment... At least I don't have anyone to be disappointed in me when I go home..."

"No Naruto kun that's just unfair! I will be disappointed in you if you don't even try! If that's the case then I too..."

"Hinata chan, I will be the most disappointed if you choose to dropout because of me." Naruto finished what Hinata was going to say. "Honestly, I will be more upset compared to your father so... do your best for me okay princess?" he gave his famous bright smile to her.

They stared at each other before Hinata finally gave a nod and closed her eyes as she hugged him tightly....