Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

THE NEXT DAY DURING PIANO RECITAL

"We're doing something different today..." Hinata spoke as she patted the seat beside her and Naruto sat down.

"Err, okay? Like a different song?" Naruto asked curiously.

"No... Sasuke told me you can read musical notes and sing..." Hinata smiled and Naruto's eyes bulged.

"Teme told you that?!? I told him not to tell anyone..." but Hinata silenced him with a finger to his lips.

"It's fine Naruto kun. I thought only Sasuke among us can sing. But Sasuke said your passion lies more in playing the piano. So I prepared something that I hope you'll like..." Hinata said shyly as she fiddled with her fingers.

Naruto waited patiently before she took a deep breath and continued.

"I will play the piano and you sing the song as you read the score, can you do that?"

Naruto frowned and rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish grin.

"Well I have to see how difficult the notes are. If I can't reach the notes then I can't sing..."

But Hinata shook her head.

"It's fine. I've tuned and arranged the musical score such that it's catered for a male's voice..." she said softly and bit her lips, hoping Naruto will do as she requests...

Naruto's blue eyes softened when he saw the hope in her lavender eyes...

"Anything for you Hinata chan... Like I said I love you... I will do anything for you." Naruto told her as she blushed a bright pink and bent down to pick up her bag and opened it.

She took out 2 sets of musical scores, one for Naruto to hold and the other for her to place on the music rack.

"Hinata chan... The score has no title..." Naruto frowned as he studied the pages.

He tried to hum the tune a bit, it sounds a bit familiar but not really...

"It's fine Naruto kun... Just go with the flow... Can you do that for me?" Hinata asked gently and Naruto smiled at her.

"That's the thing about you Hinata chan. You always ask for my permission whenever you wanna do something even if it's for my happiness. You don't have to ask Hinata chan... Even if it kills me I will do it for you." Naruto answered firmly but with a gentleness in his voice.

Hinata's blushed returned as she composed herself and began her piece...

Naruto listened intently as he read his score... When his part began... Naruto read the lyrics and sung...

"Well it's a nice song... Though the start seems familiar..." he thought to himself but shrug it off as he breezed through the first part of the song.

When the chorus began, Naruto's eyes widened but he never stopped singing...

He mentally thought to himself...

"This... This... This is... the music box piece... that dad created for mum... That he left for me... Hinata chan... managed to piece together... and create a whole song just by listening to the chorus???"

Naruto once in a while lowered his score sheet to look at Hinata who was playing intently and her eyes never once dart to her music score...

"She must have memorized the song and her copy is just there in case she forgot..." Naruto thought to himself and continued singing.

Suddenly Naruto was hit with a flash of images... He saw himself marrying Hinata, he saw himself being intimate with Hinata, he saw himself with Hinata decorating his apartment, he saw a pregnant Hinata and how he cared for her as months went by, he saw himself rushing Hinata to the hospital and few hours later, he sat by her bed carrying their newborn...

At that point, Naruto made up his mind.

Once Hinata was done with the song, she turned to Naruto and took in a deep breath.

"So do you like the song?"

"Will you marry me?"

Both of them blurted out their questions at the same time and Hinata's lavender eyes widened slowly as Naruto swallowed his saliva nervously.

"Yes." Hinata answered after awhile.

"Huh?" Naruto was confused. He thought Hinata is going to ask him what the hell did he just asked her. He's only dating her for 10 months and he already asked her to marry him?!? Sure they were childhood friends but they weren't close...

"I said yes Naruto kun. I'll marry you." Hinata told him softly as a slight blush dusted her cheeks. "And it's not mainly because for your happiness. It's because it's for my happiness. So you can stop saying I'm always asking you for permission."

Naruto engulfed Hinata in a hug as he buried his face in her neck, breathing in her scent...

"Please don't ever leave me..." Naruto's tears betrayed him as he let a few slipped. "That song was emotional to me cause' dad created it for mum and in turn left it for me... I didn't manage to complete what he left but you did... You're the missing piece in my life Hinata chan... I'm so sorry for neglecting you for all those years... I'm so sorry I didn't bother trying to get to know you... I'm so sorry I hurt you by dating and flirting with other girls in front of you..."

Hinata ran her fingers through his blonde hair as her other arm wrapped itself firmly around Naruto's waist.

"It's fine Naruto kun... You didn't realise anything of what you've said... You didn't even know I have feelings for you... Don't blame yourself for that..." Hinata whispered back in his ear as Naruto pulled away but still keeping his arms around her waist.

"I promise I'll make it up to you... I saw images of our future being together and I intent to make them happen!" Naruto flashed her a smile as Hinata blushed.

"Wh-wha... What future being together?" she asked weakly and Naruto grinned deviously at her.

"Not telling you! But some of it sure is kinky!" he teased as Hinata squeaked in embarrassment and covered her face with her hands.