Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Morning Hinata!' Naruto called out.

"Morning... Naruto..." Hinata answered softly when she entered class.

She walked slowly as she approached Lee's table and sat down beside the guy wearing tights.

Naruto's eyes immediately frowned at her.

"Hinata what are you doing? Come and sit here beside me!" he called out again.

Hinata bit her lip but this morning, she came with Neji to school. Neji went to place his stuff beside Naruto.

"Hello Naruto. I'll be your new seating buddy." he informed casually as Naruto's blue eyes frowned in confusion.

"Wait-wait hold up! What the hell's going on?!?" Naruto demanded. "Hinata is supposed to be my seating buddy for this class not you!"

"I heard about your sex buddy insulting my cousin and I simply will not tolerate that kind of nonsense. Therefore I have spoken to the necessary authorities to make this arrangement." Neji answered calmly.

"EH?!?" Naruto shouted in surprise. "Just cause' of a small matter like that you decided to make it big?!? What the hell Neji?!?"

Neji's eyes narrowed at the blonde guy.

"It is NOT a small matter if you ask me. Insulting Hinata by calling her a whore is simply NOT acceptable!!!" Neji lashed out and Naruto bit his lip.

"What Neji said is true though... Hinata is just too innocent to be labelled as such... Furthermore she did nothing wrong..." Naruto thought to himself.

"So you will only be able to communicate with Hinata AFTER school hours regarding your detention." Neji finished the conversation as Naruto sighed and leaned back in his seat.

Soon Kakashi sensei came in and 20 minutes into the class, Naruto's iPhone vibrated.

Hinata: I'm so sorry Naruto... I didn't tell him anything. He found out on his own...

Naruto: it's fine hinata. we have about 100 classmates in this lecture hall. he's bound to find out anytime soon.

Hinata: well, we won't be able to talk for only one period. It's not so bad, 🙂

Naruto: yea but... it's the only period I have with you...

Naruto was about to hit send when he re-read his message. What the hell is he typing?!? Why is he saying stuff like this?!? He deleted his message and retyped a new one.

Naruto: yea... i guess it's not so bad after all. see you after school today, 😉

As soon as it's her lunch time, she went to meet her friends at their usual table. Except for Naruto whose schedule for lunch is not the same as hers for today...

"Annoying Neji nii san..." Hinata grumbled as she sat down between Shino and Kiba.

"Wow someone's pissy." Ino remarked with a sly smile. "And you're not stuttering anymore..."

Hinata's eyes widened.

"Ehhh... Really? I didn't realise I stopped stuttering though... Only my dad and one other person before you mentioned about it..."

"Let me guess is it Naruto?" Sakura asked with a smirk.

Hinata's face blushed.

"N-n-no-no!!"

"Ah then it's him since now you're stuttering." Sai chuckled.

Hinata bit her lip as Kiba frowned at her.

"Really Hinata? That Uzumaki guy?"

"What?" Hinata grumbled under her breath.

"I wonder what you see in that idiot." Sasuke commented as Shino turned to face Hinata.

"I'm not going to insult him but do you like him?" the Aburame asked.

Hinata tried to find answers that doesn't prove that she's in love with Naruto...

"No. I don't like him romantically. He's just a pleasant company to be around with." she quickly used Naruto's answer.

"Eh? I thought there's gonna be a juicy gossip!" Ino wailed in disappointment.

"Ino, you really need to get a life." Sakura remarked as she rolled her eyes.

"But that's what she lives on!" Kiba answered with a laugh as he earned a smack from Ino to his head.

Hinata sighed in relief as her friends' attention got digressed to another topic from there...