Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

"Father I'm ho..." Hinata didn't get to finish her sentence as she saw her father on the phone looking emotionless.

"Is that so? I'll have a talk with her to confirm about this matter. If I so happen to find out that this information is false, this won't be the last you'll hear from me." Hiashi ended the call curtly as he placed his mobile phone onto the table.

"Father... Who was..."

"Are you dating Uzumaki Naruto." Hiashi said, not asked.

Hinata's mouth opened and closed like a goldfish for a few seconds before she swallowed her saliva nervously.

"It's now or never..."

"Yes. Yes I am Father." Hinata answered without stuttering as she looked her father straight in the eye.

They had a staring contest for about 10 seconds before Hiashi's eye veins started showing... His pupils became visible as they narrowed at his eldest daughter...

It is said that when a Hyuga's pupils become visible, it means they're mad. So mad that they're straining their eye veins...

"And what did I tell you? Didn't I warn you to stay away from him?!?" Hiashi started raising his voice.

Hinata blinked in guilt as she bit her lips...

"I'm sorry father... I just... I just can't stay away from him..."

"Why?"

"Because he makes me happy."

To Hinata's surprise, his eyes started relaxing...

"That was the same answer your mother gave me when I asked her why she agreed to marry me..." Hiashi answered softly.

Hinata's pale lavender eyes widened slowly as Hanabi burst into the room.

"I heard about the news from Neji nii san! Father don't prevent Naruto and Hinata nee chan from being together! Naruto even made the effort to ask Hinata nee chan to be his girlfriend during the Hanami Festival!"

Hinata's head whipped around to face her younger sister as Hiashi frowned and crossed his arms.

"So you knew about their relationship and you didn't bother informing me?" he asked in an annoyed tone.

Hanabi grinned playfully as she leaned against his office door.

"Aww come on father! Hinata nee chan is already 25 years old! How long are you gonna keep her sheltered from the birds and the bees?"

Hiashi closed his eyes as he massaged his temple.

"I guess I can't face the fact that my little girls are growing up so fast..." he sighed as he opened them again and stared at Hinata.

"Look at me Hinata."

Hinata's eyes turned to meet her father's gaze.

"If I order you to break up with Uzumaki Naruto, will you do it?"

There was no hesitation as Hinata gave her answer.

"No."

"Aww come on father!" Hanabi whined as Hiashi frowned at both his daughters.

"Hinata, I got the news that you're dating that Uzumaki boy from the Otsutsuki family. I don't know what their intentions are but they seem insistent for me to be against your relationship with Naruto. But I'm only going to choose decisions based on your happiness, not what others suggest me to do..."

"Wait father! Does that mean..." Hanabi didn't get to finish her sentence as Hiashi sighed.

"Yes, I'm allowing Hinata to date Naruto. But on one condition!"

Hinata stiffened.

"You cannot purposely throw in the towel for that coveted piano competition and you need to maintain all your grades to be As. Understood?"

"But father that's two conditions!" Hanabi protested.

"I made them into one sentence so they're based on one condition!" Hiashi argued with his youngest daughter and the two began to bicker humorously before Hinata...

Hinata's body visibly relaxed as she registered what just happened...

Well that doesn't seem so bad does it? She can't wait to tell Naruto about the turns of events!

*~*

"Hey princess!" Naruto called out at their lecture hall the next day.

"Princess?" a classmate started whispering and the others followed suit.

"Are they dating?"

"I thought Neji Hyuga will skin him alive???"

"Oi Hinata! Are you dating Naruto?!?" Ino yelled from across the hall.

"And you didn't bother telling us?!?" Sakura joined in as Hinata bit her lips.

She only just arrived and these are the greetings she got bombarded with???

"Ouch! Kiba! You don't need to throw your fucking football at me!" Naruto yelled as he glared at Kiba.

"Don't hurt Hinata idiot! Take care of her! She's like a sister to me and the gang!" Kiba smirked as he caught the football that Naruto threw back at him.

"Sasuke, you don't seem surprised." Shino commented as Sasuke shrugged and leaned back in his seat.

"Why should I? I already know way back they were dating."

"And you didn't bother telling your girlfriend?!?" Sakura chided as she beat his biceps.

Sasuke sighed and shut her up with a kiss.

"Eww get a room!!!" Temari cringed as Sasuke pulled away and smirked at his blushing girlfriend.

"So am I forgiven?" he winked as Sakura bit her lips and looked away.

"Yes..." she whispered and Naruto laughed as Hinata sighed and went to sit beside Lee.

"Hey Hinata chan! Why are you not sitting with..."

"Because she's dating you based on certain conditions. And one of it was to maintain her grades. If she sits with you, you're going to distract her." Neji answered coldly as he entered the hall and went to sit with Naruto.

"Aww man Neji! Why do you have to be such a wet blanket!" Tenten sighed. "I was just getting a warm feeling seeing Naruto and Hinata together!"

"Is that some kind of fetish or what?" Kankuro piped and Tenten rolled her eyes.

"Boys... They will never understand the wonders of romance. Forget it Tenten." Temari patted her back and Naruto too rolled his eyes at Neji...

"Fine... It's true what Neji said... I'll just be distracting Hinata chan... Besides, I can always see her after school, hehe..." Naruto laughed mentally as he went on with his day...