Chapter Twenty-Eight

Hinata groaned as she locked her iPhone and slipped it into her bag. Naruto frowned at his girlfriend as they walked hand in hand in the direction of his apartment.

"What's with that face?" Naruto asked curiously.

"It's Toneri and Momoshiki..." Hinata said bluntly.

Naruto stiffened as he racked his brain on how to approach the topic.

He hasn't told Hinata about Jiraiya's update. Hinata and Hanabi were the only ones left who didn't know... Naruto forbade Hiashi or anyone involved to inform the two sisters. He wants to be the one breaking the news to Hinata then she can tell Hanabi from there..

"What are they messaging you for? How did they even get your number?"

"I don't know but everytime I block their number they'll use new numbers to message me. Even when I change numbers they somehow know my new numbers too." Hinata sighed as she shrugged her shoulders. "Oh well can't be helped, they're from a rich and influential family so I guess they're bound to have their ways."

Naruto frowned as he thought about it.

"But Hinata chan isn't it dangerous? Aren't you the least bit worried in case they start stalking you next?" Naruto asked slowly.

Hinata shook her head with an innocent reassuring smile.

"Don't worry Naruto kun. I grew up with them back then. Momoshiki and Toneri aren't like that. They're players but not stalkers or criminals."

There was a long silence from Naruto as Hinata frowned back at him.

"Is there something you're not telling me Naruto kun?"

Naruto shook his head quickly and gave her his bright smile.

"Heh no. I was just lost in my own thoughts. Don't mind me." Naruto grinned as he took out his keys to unlock his apartment.

"You sure your dad is okay with you doing study revision at my house?" Naruto asked again as Hinata giggled.

"You even asked for his permission and he said yes right?" Hinata teased as Naruto smiled and pushed the door open.

"Happy Birthday Naruto!!!" his apartment suddenly lit up and there in his living room were his friends, Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Sasuke, Sakura, Sai, Kiba, Shino, Temari, Kankuro, Gaara, Lee, Tenten... and even Neji was there...

"W-w...What?" Naruto asked stupidly.

"It's your birthday you idiot." Sasuke rolled his eyes as Naruto quickly whipped out his phone and looked at the calendar.

It showed 10th October...

"Thank Hinata. If she hadn't plead to us we wouldn't have done this." Neji answered coldly as Tenten elbowed him.

"Neji be nice!" Tenten scolded as Naruto grinned at Neji.

"It's fine Neji! I know that is your affectionate way for me!" Naruto chuckled as he then grasped the small hand in his.

"Thank you Hinata chan..." Naruto whispered as he brushed her bangs and bent down to kiss her lips.

"Hey-hey keep it PG!" Neji raised his voice and even Sakura and Ino held him back.

"Aww come on Neji! Hinata has suffered for so long! She deserves this!" Ino whined and Sakura nodded in agreement.

"Yada-yada can we get this party started? Choji's hungry and I'm sleepy cause' I didn't sleep a wink following all of them to go shop for the party decorations and your presents Naruto." Shikamaru gave a lazy yawn as all their friends laughed.

"Alright bring out the cake!" Kiba yelled happily as Akamaru, his pet dog who has been sitting beside him, stood up and rushed into the kitchen with his owner...

*~*

"I hope you enjoyed your birthday surprise." Hinata said as she helped Naruto to clean up his apartment.

Their friends have left but Hinata decided to stay behind and helped her boyfriend to do the dishes and sweep away the confetti and crumps of cakes and biscuits...

"Yea! Thanks for remembering my birthday Hinata chan!" Naruto yelled from the kitchen and Hinata gave a small smile to herself as she tied up the trash bag.

"It's fine... It's the least I can do... Afterall I'm your girlfriend am I not?" Hinata said gently but Naruto heard it as he walked into the living room.

"You're a really kind person Hinata chan... I don't deserve you..." Naruto said as he went over to take the trash bag from her and smiled. "I'll take this out. This is the last one right? You just chill here for awhile. I'll take you home once I'm done kay'?"

Hinata nodded and sat down on his sofa and waited for him. Hinata fiddled with her fingers as she talked to herself.

"It's not Naruto kun who don't deserve me... It's I who don't deserve Naruto kun... I love you Naruto kun..."