Chapter 2 ~ Meeting her

~Mizuki PoV~

I was sitting in the quiet music room with tears streaming down my face. The only sound I could hear was the birds outside, even though the window was closed I could faintly hear them. After a while, the silence was cut by my phone notifying me that I had gotten a message. "The only ones that send me messages are either my sad excuse of parents or Tetsu-nii-chan" I muttered while wiping the tears off my face and got my phone out of my bag. Looking at my phone I saw that it was my 'mom' that had messaged me.

-To: Mizuki

From: Nami

Sub: Home now

Where the heck are you?! You know the rule! You are to come home right after school. If you aren't home soon you won't be getting any food for tonight! 

After I read the message I sighed and slowly stood up from the piano chair. I began walking out of the music room and down the hallways. Soon I found myself outside near the gym. I heard balls hitting the floor and shoes squeaking, it was a sound I liked. It reminded me of when I played volleyball with Tetsu-nii-chan and Ken-chan. I walked past the gym doors and saw the boys' volleyball team practising. I wanted to play again, but it wasn't easy when I had cuts on my arms and all the scars I have from my 'parents' abusing me. I looked a bit more and then began walking again.

After some minutes of walking, I got home and I knew I was in for a heck lot of beatings since I didn't come home right away. "I think either way I won't get food, because of how late I was. If I'm lucky I might get something to eat, but what is the chance for that? Not big" I walked up to the door and opened it. I took off my shoes and jacket and began walked towards my room, but sadly my parents caught me before I got there. "Where do you think, you're going?" I stopped at the sound of a stern voice. "To my room" I didn't turn around to look at my 'father' or 'mother'. "You know the rule; you must come home right after school your insolent child!" My 'father' grabbed my hand in a hard grip and turned me so I could look at them.

I only stared at them, and no emotion was showing on my face, I can't show weakness before them if not they'll use it against me. We looked at each other for a bit until they shoved me and made me hit the wall and fall to the floor. When I fell hit my head in the wall and it hurt but I couldn't and didn't want to show them that it hurt. After they shoved me onto the floor and didn't get a sound out of me or a pained expression, made them more irritated and mad at me than they already were. So, they looked at each other and then back at me and began beating me up.

They continued to beat me for maybe an hour or so, I'm not sure. Then they left me laying on the floor bleeding a bit from some cuts and scars that either had opened or I had gotten just now. I thankfully didn't faint, but sure as hell was close to, I stood up with a bit of struggle and made my way up the stairs to my room. I made it to my bed, and as soon as I laid down I either fainted or just fell asleep.

The next morning, I managed to wake up before my alarm. The clock was 7.03 a.m. I tried to sleep again, but I couldn't. So, I raise myself up from the uncomfortable bed and looked in the slightly broken mirror on the wall. My school uniform was still on, but thankfully there wasn't dirt or blood stains on it. I quickly checked it to be sure there weren't any wrinkles on the shirt or the skirt. After I was sure I quietly walked to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth, then use a little makeup to cover some of the bruises on my neck and face. When I had done that, I folded up the arms of my shirt and took off the bandages that were on my arms that had blood stains on it.

When I took them off I looked at all the cuts I had on my wrists. I had locked the door and found a razor. I took the razor in my right hand first and began to cut some lines on my left wrist, and after about four cuts I did the same on my right wrist. When I began cutting I didn't flinch I was used to it, but that didn't mean I didn't feel the pain I was just used to it now. I did it for a few minutes, and when I was done I took new bandages on and folded my shirt back. When I had folded my shirt back I saw blood on the sink and a bit on the floor so I cleaned it. I was done cleaning fast and looked at the clock afterwards and saw it was 8.02 a.m.