Chaper 14 ~ Hit and plan for the best

~No ones' PoV~

It's been 12 days and Mizuki is coming home late, does her homework until it's late, goes to bed, then she wakes up around 2 hours after she goes to bed. The bags under her eyes are dark and easy notice, she's zoning often and her concentration is horrible. Everyone around her has noticed, and her family and friends a worried, even her new friend Nakamura is a bit worried. In class, Mizuki ended up falling asleep while leaning onto her hand, but it ended with the head falling onto the desk and she woke up with a shock. The ones around her were also shocked when they heard the sound of something hitting a desk hard and turned so they looked towards her and saw that she was a little red on her forehead.

At lunch, she was in the gym helping with the lunch practice writing down different thing for them and giving them tips. Sawamura looked at Mizuki, then at Sugawara, both nodded at each other and walked to the bench Mizuki was sitting on while zoning out on. "Mizuki-chan?" Sugawara waved a hand in front of her face, but she didn't react when he did it. "Mizuki-chan? Are you there?" He tried again, but this time shaking her a little, and this time it worked. "EH?!" Mizuki didn't notice nor hear them come up to her so when she noticed them she was shocked and ended up falling off the bench and onto her back. "For how long have you two been standing in front of me?" She asked while wincing and standing up. "We have been trying to call out to you, but you didn't notice" Sawamura answered Mizuki's question.

"Oh, sorry" She was now standing before them. "What was it you wanted to tell me then?" "We just wanted to ask if you're feeling okay? You're zoning out often and those black bags under your eyes don't look healthy out at all" Sawamura said worriedly while Sugawara stood beside him nodding at the words he said with a worried facial expression. "I'm fine, I just haven't gotten enough sleep" She said with a small smile on her face that quickly left and her face went back to expressionless. The rest of the team were watching them conversing and they all had a worried expression on their face, except Kageyama and Tsukishima, but it showed in their eyes that they were worried for her.

After a little while, Sugawara and Sawamura went back to practise for the rest of the lunch practice. Not long after lunch break was over and they needed to head for their next class for the day. They locked the gym and spilt up so they could get to class. Mizuki walked with Tsukishima and Yamaguchi since they had the same class next. They got to class quickly since their classroom is on the first floor. Mizuki walked to her seat at the back of the classroom, while Tsukishima and Yamaguchi sat down in their seats that were closer to the blackboard. After a few minutes, the teacher entered the classroom and began teaching them.

~Time skip, Mizuki PoV~

The last class was finally over and now it was just club, home, do homework, sleep. I sigh and begin to pack my things in my bag and began walking to my locker to get my outdoor shoes. When I was walking towards my locker I heard people murmur after I have passed them. "Look at how dark that bag under her eye is" "Is she alright?" "She looks like she could pass out at any moment" I ignored them, it felt like they were pitying me and I didn't like that. Finally, I reached my locker and took out my shoes and placed them on the floor. Taking off my indoor shoes and placed them inside the locker and locked it again, then I took on my outdoor shoes and began walking towards the gym.

The only ones inside the gym when I came was Ukai, Takeda and Shimizu. I changed shoes so I had gym shoes on and not my outdoor shoes, placed my bag down and walked to them. "Where are the guys?" It looks like they didn't notice me coming in since they flinched when I asked them that. Ukai turned around and looked at me. "The third- and second-years are in the club room changing, the first-year may have gotten there too now, but I'm not sure" I nodded at him and went to sit down on the bench and waited for the guys to come. Not long after they began coming in the gym, and it didn't take long for all twelve of them to come.