Chapter 5 ~ Smiled and playing

~No one's PoV~

Mizuki opened the door to the music room and saw all the volleyball players sitting or standing. Many of them had sad looks on their faces, their eyes showing pity, sadness, and even confusion. Some even had tears in their eyes and were sniffing a little. They hadn't noticed that Mizuki had opened the door and saw them looking so sad. She couldn't understand why did they looked so sad, she was confused. Kageyama was the first to notice her standing in the door and that she had a confused look on her face. He slowly got off the wall and walked towards the door and that made the others notice Mizuki standing by the door with a look of confusion. "Mizu-chan" Kuroo had tears in his eyes and slowly walked to her and hugged her.

"Why, why are all of you here, and why do all of you have a look of sadness, pity and even confusion on your faces. I don't understand it" Mizuki began mumbling and they all heard it even though she didn't mean to let them hear it. "We are here because we wanted to find you, and we are showing these emotions because we're sad for you" Kuroo mumbled into her shoulder. "Why should you be sad for me? I have no meaning I don't need people showing sadness for me, and I don't need pity" She looked at all of them while saying this. She didn't know what to do anymore, she had locked out her emotions a long time ago and didn't like the feeling of wanting to cry.

To cry and sob before people, she didn't want to do that. Mizuki hid her face in Kuroo's shoulder, while tears threatened to fall. She began to shake a little and soon the tears began soaking Kuroo's shoulder, and he let go of her shocked that she was crying after all these years of not showing emotions. Mizuki looked at every one of them, not hiding her face as the tears ran down her face. "Why, why are you doing this. Why are you showing these emotions for me? I'm not needed, so why, why!? Why are you guys being so nice to me, and why are trying to get closer to me?!" She began shouting a little while crying.

Everyone was surprised to see that Mizuki suddenly broke down crying in front of them. They didn't know what to do, but they knew that they needed to help her even more now that she had broken down crying in front of them. "We want to help you and get closer to you because we care about you Mizu-chan!" Kuroo looked like he wanted to break down while saying that. "You're my cousin and I care about you. You special even though your parents and others say otherwise. Don't believe what they say and believe in us instead Mizuki. Believe in mom, dad, Kenma, your team, Fukurodani, Nekoma, me and Kenma" Mizuki knew her cousin was serious since he used her name instead of her nickname.

She looked at him and saw that he had a small smile on his face, and she looked at all the others in the hall and saw most of them had a small smile on their faces. Even though some of them didn't have smiles on their faces she saw in their eyes that they cared and wanted to help her. "Of course, we want to help you!" "We want the best for you and help you" They began saying many things to her so that she would believe them that they wanted to help her. She took her hand up to her face and wiped her tears off and looked at them all, and then she did the unexpected and something she hadn't done in many years. She smiled a real close-eyed smile.

"Thank you, minna" She had tears still falling down her face while she smiled, but these were happy tears. When Kageyama saw, her smile his heart jump and he got a strange feeling in his chest. "What is this feeling?" He was confused but didn't think much about it. She wiped all her tears away and began walking away. "Where are you going Mizuki-san?" She stopped and looked at Kageyama. "Where do you think, I'm going? I'm going to the gym, you guys have to practise, right?" She said over her shoulder and began walking again. The guys were a little shocked but quickly began following her to the gym again.

~Mizuki PoV~

I'm surprised that they want to help me but at the same time a little happy. Because maybe the one that'll save me from this darkness is closer than I think. We came to the gym after a little while and the guys began stretching while I sat down with the managers and began talking with them. "Hey, Mizuki-chan!" I looked towards Hinata who shouted. "Can you play with us?" He looked at me with a hopeful and pleading look. I looked at Kuroo and he gave me thumbs up. "Yeah, I just need to change into some other clothes and stretch first. So, you can just start and I'll join one of the teams playing afterwards." I gave a small smile and raised myself from the bench and jogged out of the gym to the little classroom where I was sleeping.