Chapter 2: Green Eyes

Chapter 2

Thankfully the darkness lasted only a few seconds. I stood swaying in place as I gasped for air. What was happening to me???

I managed to get to the office where I was able to get cleaned up.

I also managed to get through the rest of the school day somehow. Mainly because no one else was really rude to me, and I didn't have another heart... whatever it was. I didn't have a class with Peter until tomorrow. I wasn't too optimistic about going home with the beast and - my mother and my sister, but I planned on escaping to my room with 'homework'. My plan worked. My sister was playing her flute so I got to close my door 'to concentrate'.

I went to the window and looked out. It was raining again. My view of the neighbor's roof framed against the clouds kept me standing there in contemplation for a moment. Then I moves forward and flung it open. I wished I could punch out the screen and stick my head out into the weather. But, as I mentioned before, I'm not that suicidal. Or maybe I am. I accidentally let the voices in and winced. I started to push one hand against the screen slowly, still scared.

"SHELLY!!!"

My hand flinched backwards away from the window.

"WHAT??"

"NEVERMIND I FOUND IT!!"

Briefly I wondered what 'it' was before returning my gaze to the window. Just one push... I turned away and looked around at what alternately felt like a prison and the safest place on earth. Well, the second safest place on earth... The safest place on earth was when he...

Again, I spun violently, turning to the window. I didn't push it out, but I pressed my face close to the screen, tying to get past its dusty smell to that of the rain.

"SHELLY??? ARE YOU DOING HOMEWORK???"

"Yes, mom"

"WHAT?!?!"

"YES!!!"

I collapsed dramatically onto the bed. (It is fun you should try it sometime!)

"WHAT WAS THAT?!??"

"NOTHING!"

Sighing, I dragged my backpack closer and got out my homework. History, math or English? Choices choices choices. I choose math not because I like it, but because it will take me the least amount of time to finish.

URRRRRGGH MATH HOMEWORK *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*

Don't you just HATE homework? (If your answer is no, and you are somehow contagious, get away from me!! Jk;) lol)

Anyways after I finished most of the homework (except English cuz my teacher is pretty lenient) I take a shower. I'm sure everyone can understand how relaxing a shower can be right? The hot water, and the steam, and the way it relaxes your muscles in winter... Or the cold, refreshing water that cools you off and revives you in the summer! Anyways I think we already clarified that I love the water;)

You know what another one of my favorite things are?? (If your answer is yes, creeper much??) Fuzzy, clean pajamas with clean fuzzy socks!!:):) (in the winter of course)

Anyways, so as I was all cozy and warmed up and wearing fuzzy socks and super-soft PJs and all tucked into my little bed in my little room with my book when my mom came in. Immediately, I felt the atmosphere change. I put my book down carefully, hoping she wouldn't think to 'confiscate' it as she has done in the past. She thinks I read too much.

"You never came down for dinner." She said accusingly. That's another thing; she thinks I'm anorexic. What do you think?

"Oh. I wasn't hungry."