Chapter 25: Girlfriend

Chapter 25

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Lexi's Point of View

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Lexiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!" I heard Shelly say, and turned to see her struggling to fight off Donny, who appeared to be trying to tickle her.

"Help meeeeeee!" she squealed, causing Donny to grin wider as he realized he was winning.

So, of course, I had to make him lose.

Tee hee.

Tackling him from the side, I jabbed him twice in the ribs with my pointer finger and then wormed in between him and Shelly when he flinched away.

"Hah!!" Shelly and I said together, which made me happy. She still knew me better than any other person.

"What can I do to make you switch sides??" Donny asked me, moaning.

Inwardly, I thought, You can't. I'm on Shelly's side, for things like this, to the end.

Outwardly, "I don't know... a few cookies might do it..." Shelly gasped in shock. I turned over slightly and reached for her hand, as Donny left the room running to get cookies. I grabbed her hand gently and brought it to my lips, "Hello princess." I whispered, so that the breaths would tickle her.

She giggled, smiling widely as her beautiful eyes shone.

"Hello, beautiful queen." she whispered back, rolling onto her side so that only one eye could be seen to sparkle up at me.

I poked her cheek, "Beautiful? Are you having hallucinations?"

"No, I think the angel wings and halo are the hallucination. Your beauty has always been there." She teased, reaching up to poke my cheek back.

"Shelly?" she hummed in response, so I continued, "Are you flirting with me?" I winked at her to let her know I knew she wasn't.

"I don't have to. You're already head over heels for me." Shelly blustered, smirking as her eyes sparkled and she sat up, "Isn't that right now, beautiful?"

"If you're not flirting with me, then why did you decide to call me beautiful?"

"Because I call things as I see them." She said, bumping me with her shoulder in a friendly shove.

Donny jogged in, and she called out, "Welcome back, Heimlich!!"

So if she really calls things as she sees them, he's an obese caterpillar. And I'm... a beautiful queen?

"Yeah, yeah, where's my cookies??" I asked, unable to hide my smile.

"I brought cake instead!" Donny revealed a huge slab of chocolate cake.

I reached out for it immediately, "Yummy!!" I cried, realizing a second later that Shelly had called out in unison with me again.

"You guys have got to stop doing that!!" Donny complained, "It's like you two are forever united against me!!"

Well, he's got one thing right. I'm forever on Shelly's side.

"So??" Shelly asked undauntedly, "What's wrong with that?"

Donny opened his mouth as if to retort something but then closed it, deflated.

"Exactly." Shelly snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me closer, "I love my human shield. She's the best fellow cookie savage body guard ever."