Chapter 30: Geronimo

Chapter 30

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Shelly's POV

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

I awoke to the sound of a bird squawking loudly. I left my eyes closed, preferring to avoid being blinded by the light of the sun. I was just on the side of uncomfortably warm when I awoke, nestled in my sleeping bag with Lexi cuddling me against her. I didn't want to move, though, because the feeling that someone wanted to be close to me was warming my heart up with little tingles of happiness. It was so cozy too, people are always so warm and soft to cuddle with.

I sighed happily and squeezed my eyes further closed, trying to ignore the bird's obnoxious squawking by focusing on Lexi. With my eyes closed, I tried to picture how she was lying just by what I could feel and hear. Her breathing was warming up the spot on my back, just below my neck and one of her arms was hooked around my waist like a cozy blanket. Briefly, I froze in terror because she was in a perfect position to tickle me to death if she so chose. Then, my stomach growled at me.

I opened my eyes slowly, blinking to let my eyes get adjusted to the light. I saw Lexi's delicate hand glowing against the dark fabric of my sleeping bag and I freed my right arm from underneath me to touch it. My fingers traced the veins in her cool, soft hands and examined the lines in her palm.

I tried to remember what I had been told about love lines and life lines but I couldn't remember. My left hand held up her wrist while my right traced the creases in the skin. All I knew for sure was that if someone had done this to me, I would've spazzed out.

I played with her hand for several minutes, before the sun beating down on me caused it to be too uncomfortable to stay still any longer. I shifted gently out of her embrace and wriggled my way out of my sleeping bag.

I looked across the tent once I was free, and snorted when I saw Donny's expression. I went to grab Lexi's phone to snap a picture, (she had it by her pillow,) but when I looked down, I gasped.

Lexi's golden hair glowed from the light flickering through the threads of the tent, and she looked like a beautiful angel. Her lips were a natural rosy pink, standing out against the milk-white softness of her features.

She's a freaking blonde Snow White- angel- pretty thing!!

Nice description.

You try to formulate a sentence when you're surprised by something that beautiful. *sticks mental tongue out*

Point. My alter ego finally conceded.

I couldn't help but stare at her, my mouth agape. Did she know she was this beautiful? I picked up a stray strand of hair that had fallen in her face and twisted it softly between my thumb and forefinger, admiring it's softness. The blond curl popped back into place when I released it. I couldn't believe that someone like her had come running after me when I disappeared, and then stayed with me while I slept. Actually, she had done nothing but stay by my side like a cheery ray of sunshine since the day that we had met.

"Shelly?" She mumbled, opening her bright eyes slowly. I backed up a little, hurriedly. There was nothing like finding somebody staring you creepily in the face to re-start your day.

"Yeah?"

"Good morning, my princess." she smiled brightly, then, as if she had been waiting to say that.

"Good morning." I say back, still entranced. Lexi reached up her hands and put them on either side of my face, brushing the hair away, tucking it behind my ears before covering my ears with her hands. She smirked, then shouted, "Donny, get up, you useless lump!!" When she removed her hands, I heard Donny's groan.