Chapter 20- Secrets Revealed

Okie I have serious writer's block right now, so if this chapter is really short, you know why.

***********************************************

***Daniel's POV***

After we went on a few more rides, we decided to call it a day and head home. I was currently sitting the passenger seat of Crystal's car while she drove, and Cass sat in the backseat. I was leaning my head against the window, while my thoughts drifted off about today's events.

I can't believe Jay showed up and he had the nerve to say he loves Crystal. I scoffed quietly at the thought, shaking my head. I looked at Crystal, she really didn't deserve all that Jay did. She knows I like her now too, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing though. What if she doesn't like me back? Will things be awkward between us? 

I know it's going to take awhile for her to figure out how she feels, and I'm prepared to wait.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize we had reached my house, Cass wasn't in the backseat anymore so I guess we reached her house awhile ago, I just wasn't paying attention. I looked at Crystal, who was staring at me in amusement.

"You were thinking quite hard. You didn't even realize when Cass said bye to you. We've been outside your house for about 5 minutes now." She tells me, my eyes widened. I was that out of it?

"Well then. Why didn't you snap me out of it?" I asked, she shrugged,

"I tried." She said. I shook my head, laughing a bit.

"Oh well, sorry." I said, she waved me off.

"No problem. Wanna tell me what you were thinking about?" She asked, curiously. I rub the back of my neck

"Just stuff...about today.." I awkwardly said. She nodded in understanding, looking away shyly. 

"I see, a lot has happened today, hasn't it?" She said. I nodded, looking out my window before turning back to see her looking down at her lap, fidgeting with her fingers. I gently reached over and clasped her hands in mine.

"I don't want things to be awkward between us. We can just forget this day ever happened if you want? I know what I said, and it's okay if you don't like me back, I'm fine just friendship as long as you're in my life." I told her, she looked up at me.

"The thing is that I think I like you too Daniel, but I just went through a pretty messy breakup and I'm not ready for another relationship just yet. I don't want things to be awkward either but I need a bit of time to think about things." She said, but I stopped listening about she said she likes me too. A smile spread across me face,

"You like me too?" I asked, she chuckled

"Is that all you heard?" She asked me, I smiled sheepishly.

"Kinda." I admitted, she shook her head.

"You're something else. But yes, I do like you too." She told me, I grinned,

"Awesome." I said

"Now you should get inside, it's getting late." She said. I nodded, leaning forward to hug her goodbye, she hugged me back.

"Bye." I said, opening the door and stepping out, she waved at me. I walked up the pathway and into my house, closing the door behind me as I heard Crystal drive off. I smiled all throughout getting ready for bed.

***********************************************

***Crystal's POV***

I got inside my house and started getting ready for bed after telling my mom all about what happened today. I want to be in a relationship with Daniel but I really need time for myself, being single, and to just get over everything that happened with Jay. I know Daniel understands that, he's such a good guy. With that thought in mind, I fell asleep.

******************

Morning came fairly fast, I woke up to someone knocking on the front door. I slowly got out of bed and walked down the stairs, yawning. It was only 9, who was here so early? I opened the door and was shocked to see Mark standing there, looking kind of nervous.

"Mark?" I asked, he smiled slightly,

"Hey Crystal." He said, shifting his weight from foot to foot. I opened the door wider,

"Hey, um come in. What are you doing here?" I said, he walked inside and sat on the couch.

"I need to talk to you." He said, sounding serious. I looked at him curiously, sitting beside him.

"Um okay, what is it?" I asked. He looked at me,

"I'm the one who's been leaving you those notes." He admitted. I stared at him in shock, my jaw dropped.

"What?! You're my stalker?" I exclaimed.

"Well when you put it like that it sounds creepy." He said, I looked at him like he had grown two heads.

"That's because it is creepy." I said, 

"Okay fine, maybe it is a bit creepy but it's not like I threatened you or anything." He said, hands raised in defense. I guess that was true but still,

"You have 5 minutes to explain." I told him, he nodded.

"Okay, I caught Jay with Holly one day and confronted him. He told me that it wouldn't happen again and that he was going to tell you, so I didn't say anything. When I found out that he didn't tell you anything and he continued to cheat on you, I decided to drop anonymous notes to warn you." He explained, I nodded slowly, taking it all in. It explains why he was so annoyed that I came to the party that night and how he knew what happened before I told him.

"Okay...But that still doesn't explain the first two notes you sent me." I said, how does paying for my food warn me about Jay cheating on me. Mark blushed slightly at this, looking away from me.

"Well you see, the thing is...I actually...erm... liked you?" He said, but it sounded more like a question. Now I was even more shocked. He liked me?

"You like me?" I asked him. He shook his head,

"Not anymore but I did before. I like someone else now" He said, I nodded,

"Well then, that's shocking. Why didn't you say anything?" I asked him, he shrugged.

"You were with Jay." He said simply, I nodded in understanding.

"Well what you did was sweet...a bit of a creepy approach but still sweet. Who's the lucky girl you like now?" I asked him curiously, he hesitated before answering.

"That's another thing I wanted to talk to you about, I'm actually gay. It took liking you for me to realize it." He told me. I was shocked for the third time in just 5 minutes. Mark really knew how to deliver shocking news.

"Really?!" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, I like this guy in my Art class named Jonah." I thought for a bit before recognizing the name.

"Oh I've seen him before, nice choice." I told him, he looked at me.

"Thanks, so you're not mad at me?" He asked, I shook my head.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong and I've always wanted a gay best friend." I told him, he chuckled before standing up, ruffling my hair.

"Well Crystal, I have to get going, I'm supposed to meet up with Jonah soon, I just wanted to tell you those things first." He said, I smiled, standing up as well, walking him to the door.

"Okay, have fun on your date." I said, laughing, he turned and glared at me playfully.

"Oh shush, it's not a date." He said, walking backwards to his car. 

"That's what they all say!" I exclaimed, he flipped me off and I laughed, blowing him a kiss and closing my door.

What an interesting morning...

****************************************

Okie so what did you think of this chapter? It took me a good two weeks to write because I have serious writers block. Crystal's stalker has finally been revealed, did anyone figure it out before? Vote/Comment/Share and thank for reading Awkward Love! I>o<I :D <3