Chapter 5- Projects and Parents

***Daniel's POV***

The bell rang signaling the end of the school day and I was so releived. I walked out of the classroom and to my locker, spinning the combination and then opening it. I grabbed my bag and closed my locker door and walked towards the exit. When I stepped outside I was happy to see that it wasn't chilling outside, it was actually kind of cool so I got in my car and drove home,

"Mom, I'm home!!!!" I yelled. I heard the sound of her slippers clicking against the floor and she appeared infront of me within seconds, I smiled at her as she hugged me.

"How was school, did you talk to that girl, Crystal?" she asked, smirking. I blushed.

"Yes mom, me and her are just friends though," I said, trying to keep the sadness out of my voice.

"Yea yea, soon you'll be friends with benifets and then you'll be dating. That's just how it goes," she said. I rolled my eyes.

"Yea whatever mom," I said, walking into the kitchen.

"If your hungry I can make something," she offered. I shook my head.

"Nah, I'm fine, I'll be going out soon anyways," I said. She raised an eyebrow

"Really, where?" she asked.

"I have to go work on a project with this friend from my history class at 4:30 and then I'm going to Crystal's house for dinner," I told her. She smirked.

"Your going to Crystal's house for dinner?" she asked, with a knowing smile.

"Yes me, her parents want to meet me,"I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh interesting, well don't me stop you from meeting the parents of your future girlfriend," she said, walking out of the kitchen. I chuckled and walked upstairs to my room.

I opened the door and dropped my bag on my bed before walking to my closet and pulling out a white t-shirt and jeans. I changed into them, grabbed my laptop bag and my phone and car keys and walked downstairs. it was already 4:00.

"Bye Mom!!!" I yelled as I walked out the door. I hopped into my car and drove off to Tim Hortons to meet Jay.

I got there 15 minutes later and saw Jay sitting at a table in the corner. I walked over and sat down.

"Hey man, your here early," I stated as we did the bro hug thing.

"Yeah, I had nothing else to do," he said. I nodded.

"Oh, so lets get started on this project," I said pulling out my laptop.

"Yeah, what kind of presentation do you want to do?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Let's just do a simple powerpoint presentation," I said.

"Sure, keeping it short and simple, I like it." he said, reaching across the table to give me a fist bump, I laughed and shook my head.

"What? Your too cool for fist bumps?" he said. I shook my head again.

"Nah, I just don't feel like fist bumping you," I said. He gasped and put a hand over his heart, faking hurt.

"So your telling me that you don't want to fist bump this beautiful fist right here," he said pointing to his fist. I rolled my eyes

"Beautiful...right, let's just get started already," I said opening up google and searching up some articles.

"Whatever," Jay grumbled and looked over at the screen making suggestions.

After about 2 solid hours of working, we had half of our project done surprisingly. So I packed up my stuff and we walked outside.