Chapter 2- Micheavious Ways

"So here's my number," I said as I gave Daniel my number. Our hands touched when he took it, I swear I felt a spark of electricity so I quickly pulled my hand back, and smiled."So um you wanna come to my house after school?" I asked

"Sure thanks, but um where do you live anyway, you never-"

"CRYSTAL!" Daniel was cut off by a deep voice, saying my name. Suddenly it was dark. "Guess who," the voice said trying to sound different but I knew excatly who it was. I smiled.

"Jay, get your hands off my eyes, you know I hate that," I said trying to pry his hands off my eyes. He removed them and I turned around and hugged him tight. He chuckled.

"I missed you too," he said hugging me back. Yes Jay was my boyfriend, and yes I did feel guilty about somewhat liking another boy but it's not like I'm going to cheat on him, it's just an innocent attraction to cute guy.

"Jay, this is Daniel, he's new here and I'm showing him around, and Daniel, this is Jay, my boyfriends." I introduced them and watched as they shook hands. I smiled as they started talking about random boy stuff.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go to my locker," I said not wanting them. " Are you guys ok by yourselves?" I asked.

"Yep, we'll meet you outside by our usual spot," Jay said, smiling as he hugged me. I hugged him back but for some reason it felt wrong, so I pulled back quicker than usual. Confusion fashion flashed in his eyes, I felt bad. I hugged Daniel for a little longer than I was supposed to, I wanted to stay there forever but then someone cleared their throat. I turned and saw Jay staring at us, hurt clear in his eyes.

"Sorry, just giving him a welcoming hug. You know I never hug anyone that long unless they're new or something like that." I reassured him. I saw releif wash through his eyes but there was a hint of something else in there, but I was too lazy to figure it out. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I waved then walked to my locker to grab my stuff for lunch.

***Jay's POV***

When Crystal and Daniel hugged for that long, I knew something was up and I was going to question her but she made up some excuse about a welcoming hug and then left. Well if I can't question her, then I'll just question her little friend.

"Ok listen kid, Crystal is mine not yours, so if you don't back off, you will regret it," I threatend him, although he didn't seem fazed one bit, he just laughed

"I don't know what your talking about, but just know that you don't scare me so don't try it," He said very confident for the new boy but he cleary didn't know who I was.

"Ok so you cleary don't know who I am, so let me tell you. I'm the most popular boy at this school, Crystal is the most popular girl at this school, we've been dating for 2 years now. I've been in more fights then you can count and I won them all if your wondering. We're both rich and you, I bet your just another poor boy who got into this school by a scholarship," I said laughing a little at the end. He took a challenging step towards me as if testing if I was as strong as I think I am. I stayed put but then he took another step forward, we were face to face, I ended up stepping backwards.

"Just so you know, I'm rich too but I don't like to brag about it so I don't mention it. I'm not after Crystal so don't worry," He said reasuringly, I searched his face for signs that he was lying but when I found nothing I felt guilty.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have threatened you," I said, feeling guilty. He laughed.

"It's fine, let's just start over," he said smiling. I nodded.

"Right, well c'mon let's over to our lunch spot, the rest of our friends should be there already," I said, smiling too.

"Ok," He said. We walked over and greeted everyone.

***Crystal's POV***

I walked to my locker, spun the combination and opened my locker. I grabbed my stuff for lunch and closed my locker. I jumped back in surprise when I saw someone standing there, but it wasn't just anybody, it was Scott, my ex-crush. I glared at him.

"Scott, don't scare me like that," I said holding my hand over my heart. He chuckled.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you, but your face was too funny!" he said laughing. I glared but smiled nonetheless.

"So what do you want?" I asked.

"Well, I kind of stayed up late last night and then fell asleep in class-" he started but I finished his sentence for him.

"and you didn't take notes, so now you want to borrow my notes, right?" I said already knowing him too much, I've known him for like 7 years and I used to have a crush on him for like 4 years(l know, that's so long). Scott laughed.

"Yes, you know me too well," he said. I nodded

"Yep, your still the same old idiot you were last school year," I said laughing.

"Hey but you love me anyway," he said referring to my 4 year crush, I glared but then got an idea.

"Actually I loved you, as in past tense, now I love Jay, and he's way better than you anyway...........at everything," I said and smirked. When I saw his shocked expression I knew I won. I blew him a kiss and walked away in victory.

I walked over to my group of friends for lunch and they were laughing about something. I grew more curios as I neared them.
"Hey guys! Whatcha laughing at?" I asked grinning and sitting In front of Jay.
"Oh nothing, we just saw your latest victory with Scott," Cassadee said. I laughed.
"Yea that one was too easy," I said smiling and leaning on Jay.
"So do you wanna share how you won this one?" Asked Jay, smirking.
"That's for me to know, and you too find out," I smirked. His smirk fell from his face. I laughed.
"Dude stop pouting, she probably just told him that your hotter than him or something like that." Our friend Mark spoke up.
"Yea sure, that's what I told him" I said with heavy sarcasm in my voice. I noticed that Daniel was being very quiet.
"Daniel, so tell me. Do you like shopping?" I asked. My whole group of friends started snickering to themselves. I do this to all of my new friends. I could tell he was too shy to say no.
"Ummmm, I guess," he said, looking down.
"Okay so of you wanna go shopping with me today afterschool, none of these guys wanna go shopping with me, I asked, adding a puppy dog face.
"Oh um, sure, why not?" he said. I faked a squeal.
"Yay!!!! I can't wait, this is gonna be so much fun!" I said in an excited tone. my whole group laughed. I was about to say something else when I got cut off by screaming.
"OMG OMG OMG, YOU GUYS ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS!!" Our friend Izzy screamed.
"What?" I asked.
"RYMOND IS THROWING THE BACK TO SCHOOL PARTY THIS YEAR!!!" she screamed.
"OMG NO WAY!!!!!" I screamed.
"YES WAY!!!" she screamed back. People were staring at us but I didn't care. Rymond was like one of most popular boys at school and he always throws the best parties but never throws the back to school party even though people always beg him too.

The rest of the girl were now screaming with us, while the boys were explaining to Daniel why we were screaming about this.
"Okay, Daniel were are definitely going shopping now," I said with excitement in my voice.
"Of course," he said rolling his eyes. I laughed.
The rest of lunch was spent with us just talking about the party and when the bell rang, I told Daniel to meet me by my locker afterschool and we would go to the mall. He agreed and we went our separate ways, me with the girls and him with the boys. Daniel thinks we're just going shopping but boy is he wrong. I grinned mischievously as I walked into class.