chapter 1

March 12,2017

Rose Marie

"You got this Rose, have a little faith in yourself." Those are the words that I've been repeating over again in my head after being called in for yet another job interview. You see I've been putting job applications into just about any place I've seen a help wanted in the window or we're hiring.

I won't fail to mention that I've been job searching for the last month and a half. At 25 I've just finally finished my last semester in college and now that I'm no longer living on campus anymore I need a job to help pay the rent for my apartment.

While I was in school I had a job working as a cashier at the gap but they begin cutting my hours until eventually I was working less than twenty hours a week. It wasn't worth it because I was damn near spending the money that I made just to get back and forth to work and school.

I barley had enough to get me something to eat everyday with that money but thanks to my dead beat ass parents who let me damn near raise myself sending me money for the things I needed I was okay for now. The only thing I can say about them is helped me out financially but that's about it.

They told me that once I graduated from college all of the money they were sending would be stopped because now it was time for me to enter the real world and fend for myself. I mean it's not like I haven't been doing that anyways for the last ten years. Note the sarcasm

While I was in high school I would only see them maybe twice a week and if I was lucky I'd see them three times a week. Growing up they worked all day and barley made time for me. Most kids would be happy that they didn't have to deal with their parents telling them what to do all the time and the freedom that I had but that shit ain't what it's cracked up to be.

Yes I could do what I wanted when I wanted. I could throw a party almost every day and they wouldn't even know. That's how much they weren't there. It felt like I basically owned the house and they were visitors.

Everyday I came home there would be money left on the counter telling me that I could order in or go and and get something to eat or when I needed to talk to my mom about girl shit she wasn't there. When I wanted to confide in my father about a boy who tried to play me in front of my friends he wasn't there to help me out.

It was just me dealing with a bunch of shit on my own. I'm glad they let me know that the money would stop though because on my last few weeks of school I went out looking for apartments and found one that was affordable and lucky for me the owners were trying to fill in the apartment before the month was over.

I didn't spend a dime of the money that they sent me my last year in college once they told me so I had about seven thousand dollars saved in my account. My apartment is a two bedroom with one bathroom and a nice living room. The kitchen is also a nice size as well so I lucked up.

I've been debating on if I should get a roommate to help me go half on the rent so I can save money but then again I like my privacy and living with a stranger isn't really ideal for me. I only have two friends and both of them live with their boyfriends so they couldn't room with me.

Sighing to myself as I left yet another interview pretty sure that I wouldn't be getting a call back. It was obvious that this lady didn't like me from the minute that I walked in. She didn't shake my hand not introduce herself to me which is hella unprofessional but what ever.

Walking down the street I put my air pods in trying to figure out how the hell is it that I can't get a job anywhere. You would think someone who just graduated with honors and have their bachelors degree wouldn't have such a hard time getting hired.