Teddy Duchamp- Mutual Friends

Y/N'S POV

Vern grabbed my hand as he led me towards the famous treehouse he spoke so highly of. It looked kinda old and crappy but hey didn't they all? 

"Vern I'm not so sure about this", I said hesitantly stopping in my tracks. My beat-up black converse digging into the ground.

Vern didn't stop and continued to drag me. 

"Look Y/N the guys will love you ok? Don't be nervous, you're a great kid", he said reassuringly. 

I smiled at my friend and thought 'screw it' and walked towards the ladder. 

I'd been nervous about this day ever since Vern volunteered to introduce me to his friends. I was the new kid on the block and he thought I needed more friends, so here I was. 

Vern climbed up first knocking on the trapdoor. I shuffled my feet awkwardly on the grass brushing my hand against the old ladder. 

I heard a muffled voice inside yell "that's not the secret knock Vern!".

"Come on guys I always forget the secret knock let me in", Vern defended while continuing to knock on the door. 

"I have a girlll", he teased.

I laughed to myself at the sudden door opening and climbed up after him after he was allowed up. 

"Hey guys I want you all to meet somebody", he said as I neared the top of the ladder. 

I stood up and saw three boys sat comfortably playing cards. They looked up at their disappointing friend and froze as they saw me. There was an awkward silence for about three seconds before the boy on the left and in the middle rushed to introduce themselves. The one on the right began to laugh. 

"Vern there's no way this beautiful girl could be friends with a chub like you", the boy in the white shirt and blue jeans joked. 

"Did he pay you for this?", he continued. 

"Nah Verno and I go back a long way", I said putting my arm around him and scruffing up his hair... or his scalp. 

"That's Chris", Vern pointed towards the James Dean look alike and he nodded his head. A cigarette hung loosely in his mouth. 

"That's Gordie", he pointed towards the boy in the middle he looked cool and smart, I could see myself becoming good friends with him. He nodded too. 

"And that's Teddy", Vern pointed towards the other. I glanced up at his and my face flushed. He stared at me in awe. His buddy holly glasses sat on his face perfectly and his mouth gaped. 

"Wow", he said. 

I giggled back. 

"Oh I'm Y/N by the way", I said with a wave glancing back at Teddy now and again. 

I went and sat beside him as Vern quieted us down to tell us some news. 

I was listening to Vern's speech until I tuned out thinking about the boy beside me. I ignored his ear injury and just looked straight into his eyes, to me he was perfect. 

A tickle on my hand interrupted my thoughts. I felt a soft hand intertwine with mine and rest on my leg, I looked to my right to see Teddy smiling to himself. 

Then...

"You guys wanna go see a dead body?"

We all stopped and turned towards the sad looking boy that sat in front of us.