Jake Ryan- Babe Bash

Y/N'S POV

It was times like this where I kinda questioned the meaning of the word popular. I mean there's popular songs, popular games, popular movies, and then there are popular people. Popular people liked or admired by many people or by a particular person or group. It was these people who people looked up to and adored. It was one of these I was helping into a car at that very moment, while they were off of their face.

Caroline Mulford was currently in mine and Jake Ryan's arms being escorted into one of Jake's many family cars. The dude was loaded. Caroline and I had been friends for years and I knew what she was like when she was drunk, she was a mess. I mean all the girl wanted to do was party and remain utterly perfect for the rest of her life. I followed in her shadow, not by choice of course. One does not tend to be on the same level as a girl like her. She was flawless, except for her chopped off hair and messed up makeup that she was currently sporting.

A blonde haired nerd that always pestered all the girls in my grade was sat nervously in the front seat. A god damned lucky nerd I'll tell you that. Isay sat when he couldn't keep still. The wheel was awkwardly held in his hands as he visibly trembled. Caroline immediately passed out in the back seat muttering Jake's name over and over.

"This is uh, this is your car Jake?" He breathed admiring all the different features of the car. I looked over to Jake who was standing next to me with his arms crossed, highlighting his muscled through his paid shirt.

" No, this is my dad's car. You said you couldn't drive a stick." He replied.

"This is a mother....! This is a Rolls Royce, Jake." He exclaimed throwing his arms everywhere hitting the car door with his hands. he flinched and checked for damage. He was in for a drive. I felt bad for leaving Caroline with him but I was walking home since I lived in the same block.

" So?" He asked flatly shrugging his shoulder, skimming his fingers lightly along the car bonnet. The bright shine of the car almost blinded me as he touched it, the light appearing after his touch.

"Look do you want to do this or not?" I asked him impatiently gesturing to the vulnerable blonde in the backseat.

"No!" he exclaimed but his mood suddenly changed when her panties were visible under her dress. His freckled cheeks burned up earning a chuckle from both Jake and me.

Caroline began to stir in the leather seat and woke up, mascara halfway down her cheek and lipstick on her chin. Undoubtedly, she still looked immaculate. That burning sensation at the girly side of my brain tingled making me squirm in my spot.

"Who's he?" She asked Jake motioning to the grinning loser in the seat in front. Though I'd give her a clap because if you or I drank the same amount of alcohol as she did on that night, well I wouldn't know my own name.

"That's me," Jake said making me chuckle quietly to the ground.

"Oh, then who are you?" She questioned still confused. It reminded me of a scenario where a person would be talking to a normal person while believing it was god.

"I'm him," He said. I smirked, the difference between them was too vast to be true yet liquor helped her along.

Before I knew it they drove, well stalled away. Jake and I stood in silence. I couldn't believe that I was still here but I didn't want to go. Along with the jealousy, there was also another burning sensation in another part of my brain, slowly travelling to my heart and stomach. I was yet to discover what that might've been.

"You wanna come inside?" He asked looking at his house, or what was left of it.

"Sure, I have no plans," I responded sincerely. I mentally beat myself up for sounding so desperate and available but I was practically sludge in his palms at this point.