L.t Maverick- Stillettos

MAVERICKS POV (SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS)

Our standard instructor rambled on and on in front of us while I could only click my pen and share the odd smile with Goose to my right. The boredom created buzzing in my ears that only revealed specific parts of our 'lesson'. 

"By a few civilian specialists."

"Best sources of information on enemy aircraft."

I chewed my gum, looking upon the instructor, seeing his seemingly nervous hands shift a pointer stick used for generations probably. I shifted in my seat, capturing other parts of his speech. 

"She has a PhD in astrophysics."

His eyes eyed something behind us. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, must be some real old tart right? 

I couldn't capture any more words. Clicks of high heels blocked my attempts at trying to hear.It must've been 10x more amplified in my ears since no one tended to notice. Goose still scribbled on his paper, the name of his kid probably. I could really feel for him you know? Leaving his family by their lonesome. 

The sound got closer and my pen near my face, clicking away, not the only clicking sound it appeared. I looked down to see slim legs with a line running down the back of them. My eyes trailed up the line, like a giraffe's neck, to see a tight black pencil skirt outlining an amazing figure. I felt everyone around me shift uncomfortably and unbelievably, even goose who was married. 

Stilettos. Of course. 

She turned around and out popped two big e/c eyes, under hair under the influence of the wind. Her hair came off of her face with a single brush and it framed a beautiful slim face. Her eyes skimmed the crowd of deprived men, what a girl having the nerve to work in a place like this. 

Her slim body sported a white blouse tucked into her gulp-creating skirt. 

"Hey guys", she started warmly looking down at a clipboard pressed tightly to her chest. 

"Now we will be dealing with F5's and A4's as our MiG simulators..." 

Buzzin again, all I could do was stare. All I could do was swat that little smirk that kept creeping on my face. Her eyes skimmed the crowd as her painted lips spoke professionally. That was until they caught mine and it was as if someone locked the chain that brought them together like handcuffs. 

She looked down once more, a little smirk colouring her cheeks pink. She continued anyway. 

"However." She spoke capturing my attention. I put on my aviators looking up at her. 

"The MiG 28 does have a problem with its inverted flight tanks. It won't do a negative G push over. The latest intelligence tells us that the most it will do is one negative--"

I looked to Goose remembering our encounter and his awesome polaroid. We spoke amongst ourselves but the angel ahead stopped abruptly. 

"Excuse me Lieutenant, is something wrong?" She challenged lifting her eyebrows. 

I searched my brain for words. 

"Yes ma'am the data on the MiG is inaccurate," I confirmed. All heads turned to me. She smiled. 

"How's that Lieutenant?" The smile still lingering. 

I removed my sunglasses glancing at my own paper for a second as I place them down. 

"Well I just so happened to see a MiG 28--" I started. 

"We" Goose interrupted.

"Sorry Goose" I apologised.

A beat. 

"We just happened to see a MiG 28 do a 14 negative dive."

She shifted in disbelief, I would see her eyes widen as she tried to conceal her shock.

"Where did you see this?" She continued sarcastically. If only she knew. 

"That's classified." I dared, looking to Goose.

"What?"

"That's classified?" I tried again. "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you."

"Lieutenant I have top secret clearance, the Pentagon sees to it that I know more than you." She placed her clipboard down on her thighs.

I smiled then tutted a little, only once. I could feel my mock sigh. 

"Now ma'am it doesn't seem so in this case now does it?" 

"Where were you?" She interrogated in amusement just waiting to see me crack. 

"Well we started up on his six, when he pulled through the clouds I moved in above him."

"Well if you were directly above him, how could you see him?"

I smiled widely, crossed my arms and...

"Because I was inverted."

There were sniggers and curses behind me as I smiled at my own glory. 

"You" She pointed. 

"Were, in a 4G inverted dive with a MiG 28?" She laughed. 

"At what range?"

"about two meters"

"Well, I'd say it was about one and a half. I got a great Polaroid of it too!" Goose added. That fucking picture. 

"Yeah, it's a great picture" I praised him. 

"So you're the one?" She asked smiling. 

"Yes ma'am" I confirmed. She continued to smile as everyone else was ushered to whatever we were doing next. Our eyes in that lock once gain. I gathered my stuff and before things escalated, I left. Until...

"Uh Lieutenant"

Stilettos. 

Click, click,click,click. 

"Yeah?"I grinned. 

"I'd like to hear more about that MiG sometime if you aren't bullshitting me." 

"Why would I lie to such a pretty lady?" I flattered her. It only made her cheeks grow more red, not from flattery this time. 

"You know, I'm assigned to this school. I see sixteen new hotshots every eight weeks. Your attention is flattering, but not really productive. Why don't you keep your mind on flying." She smirked and with a hand on my chest, she left. Her heels snapping after her. That lime making me smile again.

If it weren't for Stilettoes.