90

a little chapter with conflict because I'm so busy this week bYe
Also hbd to my amazing friend wizardofbadlands !!

•••

"Ethan? Hi, it's your shithead, Travis. Please answer your goddamn phone, thank you, bye."

"Ethan? It's Travis. It's been two hours, and I'm at the end of my shift. Call me as soon as you can, like, really soon. That would be good. Bye!"

"You're giving me the creeps, Eth. Maybe your phone got stolen or it died and you haven't had a charger. Yeah, that'll keep me at bay until you call back. Bye, I love you, and if you're drunk I'm going to be upset."

"Hello?"
"Hi, who is this?"

A woman's voice, squeaky and unpleasant, rang through Travis's phone.

"Travis."
"Why are you calling my son?"
"Your son hasn't answered his phone all day and I have something important to talk about with him."

She remained silent, weighing her options.

"Is it urgent?"
"It has to do with a homework assignment, so I would say so. If he's busy, just ask him to call back later."

Travis could almost see her rolling her eyes.

"Tonight is a family night, I'm sorry. My kids haven't been allowed on phones or out of the house all day because my husband and I never get to see them."

Travis almost gave her a snappy comeback, per the norm. He decided that it wouldn't be great to snap at Ethan's mom. After all, she'd probably become his in-law.

"I understand. Thank you, and have a wonderful evening."
"You too."

Her tone was cold as she hung up.
Travis already didn't like Ethan's mom.

•••

I've become re-obsessed with tøp because I saw them in concert on the 3rd

( photo creds to me lol)

Questions?

Comments?

Concerns?