46

*this chap is from Ethan's point of view*

•••

Ethan had walked away from Travis with a stride in his step, but a confused ass heart.

Truly, he loved Michele. She was his girlfriend, and he would do anything for her. They were in a steady relationship, and he was happy.

But the time spent with Travis made him wonder: was he really happy with Michele?
Sure, she was always there for him, but he loved her like a sister, not a boyfriend. That's when he had realized,

He was using Michele as a safety net, with Travis being the tightrope.

Of course, Travis wasn't exactly aware of Ethan's feelings for him. While Ethan did like him, he was just.... Not ready. Not ready to admit to himself that yes, he might not like girls, or that yes, he didn't like his girlfriend. He needed more time, and Travis was an impatient, outright...

Ethan shook his head and kept walking.

And now he had to choose... Travis or Michele? He loved them both. He couldn't, and Travis said no to an open relationship a long time ago. What would Travis be? Probably a loving person. Very submissive. But Michele?
Ethan usually just called her when he was in a fight with Travis.

He knew what he had to do.

"Hey Michele, Ethan here."
"Yo, what's up?"
"I... I met someone else. Someone I—"
"Woah. Talk to me about this over the phone? To hell with that. Come to my house, we can work it out then."
"I'm in New York."
"Oh."
"..."
"..."
"Yeah."
"I'm fine with it."
"Really?"
"Sure. I've been cheating on you with my other boyfriend anyways."
"Wait, what?"
"Why else would I not have called you for a week? Did you think I ran out of cellular data?"
"Touché."

Ethan shuffled his feet.

"If you're going to confess your love for him, go to the top of the garden in the Waldorf Astoria."
"Why?"
"You get to see NYC in all of its beauty. Go at night though, otherwise it's hot and there are bees."
"Alright. Thanks, Michele."
"Now hang up, I'm about to go out for the night."
"Where?"
"Irrelevant."
"Goodb—"

Beeeeeeep.

•••

Welp