34

A small crowd gathered around Ethan and Travis as they walked to the venue.

"Are you two..."
"Nope, just friends."
"Oh"

The theme of the formal was Alice In Wonderland. There were leaves and fake flowers scattered around the area, strange outfits by a photo booth, and a few fake decals on the walls as well. There was a game of croquet outside, fairy lights illuminating the field.

"What do you want to do? We have three options: dance, photo booth, or croquet."
"I think you're missing the secret option."
"What?"
"We have to wait for a certain song to come on."
"Okay?"

Travis and Ethan waited in the corner until a slow song came on, and all of the high schoolers went to the floor to dance with their dates.

"Let's go."
"Slow dancing?"
"Nope, grab a thing from the photo booth outfit box, and meet me outside at croquet."

Travis carefully placed the feathered hat on top of his head so he wouldn't ruin the flower crown and walked outside. Ethan greeted him (with a tye dye ascot wrapped around his neck) and handed him the croquet mallet.

"I'll bet you a book that I'm going to win."
"..."
"..."
"Challenge accepted. Let's play!"

•••

QOTD: how are you liking $7.49 so far? Any headcanons you want to come true? I'd love suggestions!

AOTD: I enjoy writing $7.49, and I can't tell you my ideas :3