🔸Lukesse🔸

☆☆☆☆☆

Nobody's POV

Cling!
Clang!

Both swords echoed in the hall filled with pillars feet high and the grand ceiling. Designs bloomed in every wall as each corner grew a crack.

For once, time slowed and they both jumped back. Panting and determined.

"You put up a good fight lad. Maybe I ought to teach you new lessons-!" He lunged foward and swung above his head.

The boy ducked just in time and tried to peirce Tarcup's body, but he teleported behind Lukas and kicked him against his spine.

Lukas stumbled foward and landed on his knees and palms. His sword skidded a few feet away.

He was panting and a million thoughts entered his mind. Some of them being:

This is impossible!
He isn't human.
Jess will be gone...

Forever.

"Get up!" Tarcup yelled. Before he was able to slash Lukas's back, Lukas rolled to the left and retrieved his weapon.

He stood in his fighting stance.
Face to face.
Yards away.

I have to at least land a hit.
That way it can spread.
I'll save Jess.
This will be all over soon.

Without a second thought, they both dashed foward and clashed swords.

¤Earlier¤

"Everyone received a paper and we went over this plan three times. We cannot fail." Petra rolled up the map.

"Did Jesse get one too?" Lukas asked.

"Yea. He went ahead to scout the area and to warn Jess. He should've gave us a call right now." Petra mentioned in a worried tone.

"I'm sure he's fine." Lukas answered nonchalantly.

"If we want this to work, you have to time this right. I was able to freeze the poison onto the blade so once it comes in contact with any object...it will spread and it can not be stopped."

Axel explained everything to Lukas and he carefully handed the sword to him. There was a button on the handle which Axel already explained previously.

Press the button and the poison will flow into the point of the sword.

Olivia came running foward with telescope in hand. "It's now or never Lukas!"

Petra handed Lukas a pouch of food and healing potions.
After that, everyone jumped into their vehicles and drove towards the destination.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

While on a mission, Jess and everyone else were out saving the town from a zombie horde. Tarcup was watching them and thought of a scheme.

He had sent that horde in hopes to stall the gang, long enough to snatch Jess away.

It worked and she was forced to become his bride.

Once he is crowned by his bride, he will have total power to conquer Block City.

But if he does not marry before the sun sets, he will be sentenced to eternal labor in the prison void.

According to the prophecy, Tarcup can only be crowned by a chosen bride in the scrolls. That bride turned out to look very identical to Jess.

Therefore, being chosen.
Only the poison from a pillow serpent can suffocate Tarcup enough to be sent to the void.

That was the goal.

Jesse had gone on ahead to view the circumstances.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

"Remember the plan and you'll be fine Lukas." Olivia's voice was heard over the transmitter.

"Find him, beat him, slash my sword against his face and open his body and...find Jess. Got it!" Lukas laughed nervously.

. . . . .

"Yea. And give him a slap for me will ya. He took the cake I was going to eat." Axel sighed.

"I don't think he'll have time for that. Besides we have a mission to accomplish!" Petra zoomed foward followed by the rest.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Everyone turned on camouflage for their vehicles and readied their weapons.

They ran and jumped towards the entrance to the mansion.
Of course, his minions came foward in attempt to stop them.

"Lukas! You and Petra go on ahead. Axel and I got this covered."

"Yea! Let's beat some idiots."

They were both back to back in their fighting stance and began to draw their weapons.

"Be careful!" Lukas paused and hesitantly followed Petra's voice. "No time to lose, c'mon Lukas."

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Through double doors, there stood the statue of Tarcup.

A shadowed figure sprinted across the room. Petra and Lukas drew their weapons.

The shadow stopped behind the curtains.

Behind it stepped out Jesse. He exhaled in relief. "Boy am I glad to see some friendly faces."

Petra frowned. "You...frightened me."

"Sorry."

"What did you see?" Lukas asked.

"I saw Jess and Tarcup talking on the balcony. I was able to give her some signs for the plan. But..." Jesse paused in fear.

"He knows. Doesn't he." Petra guessed.

"No. But would you mind going over the plan again? I...forgot."

"Sure. I have the paper here. It says-" She was cut off by Lukas' hand on her shoulder. 

"You have the paper man. Read it. Besides you have an easy position. It's not that hard. Right now we have to go. Go meet us at the 'place'."

Lukas grabbed Petra's arm and ran towards the next hall.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

"What was that?" Petra put the paper away.

"Think about it. We all went over the plan a million times."

"Three."

"Whatever. We even received each a paper of the plan. Jesse should know he has it." Lukas spoke in a low voice.

"So you're saying that..." Petra looked back at the closed double doors.

"Yep. That wasn't Jesse."

Just hurry.

☆☆☆☆

Part two coming soon! 😉