▫️Maddie x Radar▫️

* * * * * * *

Due to the chaos going around, many of the prisoners escaped while Jesse and the others gathered their materials.
After running into the hallway, prisoners ran wild all over the place, destroying anything in their path. One in particular caught Jesse's attention.

A prisoner with colorful clothing and a...chainsaw?!
He ran to the opposite direction but was stopped when he bumped into Radar.

"Oh Jesse! I found you. All this mayhem is driving me nuts! There's no order," he exclaimed.
"I know how you might feel, but right now we have to get out of here!" Jesse pushes him forward to start running but the noise of the chainsaw was already behind him.

"Where do you think you're going small fry?! I haven't had the chance to kill anyone yet and I'm ready for blood!" The girl's chainsaw roars as she lifts it above Jesse's head.

Jesse freezes but is covered by Radar who is now standing in front of him trying to protect him.
"If you're going to kill him, you'll have to get through me first!" He declares.

The girl reveals an evil grin and says, "Aw. It's cute that you gave me no other choice. I'll kill you both then!"

Radar's sweaty and confident face gives the girl second thoughts. She stops her chainsaw.
"You're not going to move, are you?"

"N-not a chance!" Radar responds frightened.
The girl puts her chainsaw away and sighs.

"I heard you guys were the ones that caused havoc with the Admin. I hate him as much as you...sorry," she deadpan.

Radar and Jesse gape at her with no response.
She finally says, "The name's Maddie! I'll be fighting alongside you guys whether you like it or not. I don't care."

Jesse raises an eyebrow.
"I'm Jesse and this is Radar. Also, there's no way I'm having a psycho like you in our group. Especially after that stunt you were about to do!"

Maddie looks unamused and starts laughing.
"I said-"

"I think we should give her a chance. Even though she tried to...kill us, she apologized and is willing to help us defeat the Admin. It's like you said Jesse, 'Teamwork makes the dream work' and she's part of our team now," Radar gives him a determined smile.

Jesse sighs in defeat and says, "Radar, are you sure she's-"
"I can fight really good. I'll help with all the mobs outside. I know enough information about the Admin after all the times I've overheard the warden talk with him. I'm coming with you," she says confidence.

"Fine! Our objective right now is to get out of here and find that tower. Lets go!" Jesse follows Xara and the rest.

Maddie and Radar follow behind.
"Thanks for that. Who knew a small cute potato like you could defend," she chuckles.
"Thanks. Wait-what?!"
"Forget it! Also the maze outside is very big. How are you guys so sure you'll make it to that tower?" She changes the subject.
"Well we have prisoner X to guide us. She proved we can trust her all thanks to Jesse. That's our ticket out of here."

"Wow! I chance to get out of this dump and kill some mobs. It's been a long time since I've fed my chainsaw some crimson blood," she laughs.

"Heh heh. You've got spunk. Nice," Radar smiles.
Maddie's face goes warm before she turns to cover her face.

After introducing Maddie to the others, Jesse and Xara lead the group through the maze while defending and defeating.

Maddie showed off her skills with her chainsaw.
"She's something else...isn't she," Jack mentions.
"Well there's no helping it. As long as that weapon is used for mobs, we're fine," Jesse says.

Radar defended with his shield but it wasn't enough to stop a spider from sneaking up on him.
He screams and when Jesse tried to run toward him, he was also blocked with zombies.

Maddie jumps out of nowhere and slices the spider in half.
Radar was still on the ground trembling, but stopped when Maddie offered her hand.
He smiles and takes it happily.

"Thanks a lot! I thought I was done for," he said.
"Not on my watch. Now," she turns around to face the mobs. "I think I still need to kill these foes!"
"I'll protect you!" Radar follows her.

"I can take care of myself. I'm fine," she pierces another creeper.
Radar goes behind her and uses his shield as a protection for them both.

"What do you think you're doing?" Maddie asks annoyed.
"I'm helping out! I don't want you getting hurt," he pushes back a spider.
"I already said-! Ugh fine. Try to keep up."
"I intend to."

Together they fought off mobs that got in their way. They had each other's backs when a zombie decided to sneak behind them.

Once they were done, they looked up to see Jesse fight a gigantic grey ghast. Maddie and Radar gasped as they saw him pierce his sword on the weak spot before finally defeating it.

Everyone climbed on top of the maze and stared into the distance to see the sparkling ✨ tower.

"Where's Xara?" Radar asked.
"She ditched us. I hope she gets surrounded by zombies and gets her flesh ripped off for doing that to us," Petra says.
"I like your style!" Maddie grins.

After finding out Xara needed help, Jesse goes and helps her out. They all make it to the tower and go in.

"Mysterious. I'm excited to find out what lies beneath the bedrock," Radar looks down.
"Same here. Well let's go!" Maddie exclaims.
"After you," Radar steps back.
"Hm. Gentleman," Maddie jumps in.
Radar squeals and jumps right after.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thanks for reading!

If I made any mistakes DaphneBoyden please tell me. Thanks.