▪️Dan x Lizzie▪️

☆☆☆☆☆
Taking a step forward, Lizzie holds on one of the straps of her backpack and says, "Are you certain you don't want to come with us? We can all enjoy the nice café they have. The hot chocolate there is amazing."

Stacy waves the question away, "Don't worry. I'm busy today building that new room. We can all go another time."

Stampy nods, "You two go. Just don't be gone too long."
Dan hugs him, "We'll be back in two days."
Stampy pats his back.

Stacy hugs Lizzie, "Bring me some chocolate too."
Lizzie hugs back with, "Don't worry, I will."

Stacy hugs Dan and Stampy hugs Lizzie.

Dan and Lizzie glance at each other before jumping into the portal.

>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Once they get out, they are met with the warm welcome of Jesse.
Jesse shows them around for a bit and then helps the settle in the guest room of the house.
They only had one room and apparently one bed.

"Hope you don't mind sleeping in the same room." He says.

"Ooooh...sure." Dan responds nervously.
Lizzie just coughs.

Jesse notices their obviously strange behavior, but pretends not to.
"Oh wait." He walks over to a hidden door inside the closet. "There's another bed in here. Maybe Lizzie would like it? Since ya know...girls like privacy- I'm not trying to be rude or anything!"

Her eyes light up. Not for the sad fact that she'll be away from her friend, but because it's a cute room. Inside a closet!
That's nice.

"Of course. It looks comfortable too." She walks in.

Jesse looks over at Dan and smirks.
He just glares at Jesse.
Jesse raises his eyebrows on purpose.
Dan sighs.

When Lizzie comes out, both boys become stiff to her sudden appearance.
"You guys want anything to eat?" Jesse asks.

"Yes please." Lizzie eagerly follows Jesse out the door.

Dan stays behind and decides to look around the room.
Bathroom, drawers, nice bed, secret closet room, nice curtains with windows.

The room was softly illuminated by the sun shining through the curtains.
When he started to unpack, he opens a drawer to place his shirts inside but pauses.

He lifts the picture found inside and upon inspection, smiles warmly.

It showed a very young Jesse and Jess with their parents. The siblings were sitting on their parents' lap and grinning.

He places the picture frame on top of the nightstand. As he reaches for his shirts, his stomach growls.
"Yea, ok I'll go."

In the living room, Lizzie is sitting in front of the couch on the floor across from Jesse playing connect four on the coffee table.
A plate of a half eaten sandwich sits on the table beside her.

Once she makes her move she turns, "Dan!" She says happily.
Dan waves and smiles.

Jesse sighs and sadly places his chip inside.
With a proud smile, Lizzie places hers and exclaims, "I win! Good game Jesse."
"Thanks."

Dan had sat next to Lizzie when they hear a door open.
Out of the hallway comes a girl wrapped in a blanket, with a messy bun, and half asleep.

She stops at the counter and turns around.
She comes to a realization and her eyes widen, "Jesse! You didn't tell me we had guests over!"

At that she starts coughing a lot. Jesse rushes over to his sister and touches her forehead. He frowns and gives her a glass of water.

"You guys can play for now. Jess is sick so I'll have to tend to her." He leads her to her bedroom.

Dan notices Lizzie smile as the siblings leave.
"I love how they get along and care for each other as brother and sister."

"Yep. Most siblings don't get along. What Jesse and Jess have is unnatural." Dan sets up the chips.

Lizzie laughs at his comment.
He blushes a bit.

"I'm glad you're here with me Dan. I'll refer to you as my brother!" She grins.

Inside, his heart shatters.

It's hard to believe she feels that way.

☆☆☆☆
Thank you for reading!