2. Me

Sally screamed into the phone.

"You got his phone number and he yours?"

I giggled and nodded. I stayed in bed and I looked at my wrist carefully. I liked that he had touched me and I loved the idea that it was Harry who had written on my arm. In a way, I never wanted to wash that part of my body never again, if he didn't called me.

"I know..." I giggled and my whole body tingled. "Should I sit at home and wait or should I go out and play like I have a life?"

She laughed.

"If I know you, you will be sitting on the couch and wait all day."

I knew she was right, and part of me knew that I would be disappointed.

"It was an experience." I got hoarse forward, as if I wanted to convince myself. "He was Mr Perfect and I must admit that I for a few brief seconds, thought it might be us."

Sally snorted.

"Don't give up hope yet, honey. He's going to call."

I took a deep breath and I wanted to believe her words. I smiled a little bit and put my head down on the pillow.

"So how was your conclusion to the evening?"

Sally laughed.

"Let's not change the subject. Harry is more exciting than anything I was involved in. So he kissed you, he fondled with you or what did he do? I was actually busy explaining to Sophia why she shouldn't do a breast augmentation."

I burst out laughing.

"Seriously?"

She understood why I laughed.

"Yes, she wants to operate the nose too"

I folded myself into laughter. Sophia was just too much. She wanted to do everything to change what she had. She would end life as a doll.

"Come on!" Sally snorted. "I want to know more about Harry. We can talk about Sophia Another Day"

I stopped laughing, I almost dreamed myself back to the night before.

"I don't know. He talked to me. He said he was flirting with me because I was more excited than those fancy girls and he said he isn't looking for just sex." I smiled to all as I had experienced. "He kissed me on the cheek, but he kept his arm around my shoulders."

She seemed almost envious.

"Oh, he's certainly a deep guy, such a man can sit all night and talk about everything?"

I agreed with her.

"And he prefer nice girls as us."

Sally sighed.

"I wish it had been me."

I smiled.

"But it turned out to be me instead?"

I had the cell phone in my back pocket all morning. I tried not to think about Harry and instead I cleaned the apartment, cooked food, washed dishes, cleaned that windows as had bird crap on the window glass. Yes, I did all the things that I didn't used to do on a Saturday. I was even down in the basement and washed laundry. When I came up with the laundry basket to the apartment again, I looked at the clock for the first time during the day. I saw that it was after three and immediately I got a lump in my stomach. I realized one thing. Harry wouldn't call me. He had forgotten about me and for him I was just a girl in the crowd. I admit that I was close to crying, for my own sake, but I gritted. As you harvest you must lie (Swedish proverb)

I slid down the couch at five o'clock, and I felt like the big loser. I pressed the button on the telly control and put on the television. I felt that nothing in the whole world would now make me feel better. I felt like the loser and I realized one thing, I would never trust a guys who sat and said things when they drank alcohol. I felt as small as before my meeting with Harry, if one could call that a meeting? It was as if the air ran out and the only thing that remained was my boring life. I was just a girl who worked to clean up after others, who were struggling to get the life to get started and all I got back was disappointing. I landed on a channel about nature and how crocodiles chased some innocent victims. By chance, I felt a certain pity for those who died. I felt like one of those as the crocodile chased and in my own self-centered life, I began to cry. It was a crocodile that pulled down an animal in the water and when the crocodile spun around in the water to drown the animal, I had to wipe the tears from my eyes. That was when my cell phone rang for the second time that day. I sobbed and blew my nose. I picked it up and answered.

"Yes, hello?"

"Hi, it's me... Harry..."

It was as if the air again took over.

"Huh?"

I wasn't ready for this. I should have looked at the phone,before I answered, who called, but as always I replied before I reacted.

"Yes? Harry from yesterday. We did indeed meet each other  in the pub and you got my phone number on your wrist."

I quickly shut the TV off and wiped away the last tears.

"Uh hello?" I got silly out. "I remember who you are..."

He laughed a little, as if he knew that I was taken aback.

"Sorry I didn't had time to call. A friend and I were out and played golf and that wasn't planned." he said kindly. "You know how it is with friends? Niall nagged at me and he said it would only take one hour, but it took nearly all day to play the course."

For the moment, I was just relieved that he even called me and I couldn't help but smile.

"It's okay!" I got hoarse out. "I have still just been busy all day."

He didn't seemed to care.

"So what do you do? Where do you live? I can pick you up and we can go out and eat something, as I promised you?"

I was totally numb all over. He wanted to see me?

"You mean now?"

He laughed.

"Yes, of course?"

I swallowed and I realized one thing. I sat on my couch and I wasn't ready to go on a date.

"Can you give me one hour?"

Harry laughed a little bit.

"Honey, I'll settle with you as you are now."

I blushed and I looked down at my clothes.

"Please, an half an hour then?"

He didn't exactly seemed surprised.

"Okay, tell me where you live and I will you forty-five minutes then? Then we meet halfway?"

I smiled and I told him where I lived.

"And I'm at the second floor!" I got up. He seemed satisfied.

"I promise you wont be disappointed." he said kindly. "I'll pick you up, we eat and we talk. That's all I ask from you."

I giggled a little, I think.

"Okay, that's fine!"

I was fast. I sat in the bedroom and I tried to put make up on my face so that I looked like the girl he wanted. I took on a regular, but still a bit fancy, dress, clean underwear and so on. It took me less time to get ready against what I thought. It was as if I was competing against time and I won. When I was finished with that part, I began quickly to remove all evidence that I had been sitting on the couch and cried. I removed the glass with water and all papers pieces that I had wiping my nose in. I felt like a fool. I had behaved like an idiot. That was so clear that he would call me. He had promised to call and I should have known that a friend of his took him on something? He had a life and so far I wasn't in his life. I could not demand anything for the moment, just that he now did take me out.