32. The party

I was nervous. It felt like I was going to make a mistake. Harry held my hand tightly, and he smiled at me, I smiled back, but inside my head I shouted straight out. He took me to the front door, Nialls door and I hesitated.

"Are you sure?"

He laughed a little bit.

"Kim, come on. It's you and me. Niall is my ex and that's all."

He pressed the doorbell. It didn't take many minutes before Niall opened the door. He looked first at me and then at Harry, yes, he smiled at me, but not against my so-called boyfriend.

"Welcome."

A dark guy showed up at Nialls side. He looked young and he smiled big.

"Hello and welcome."

I saw how Harry reacted. He wrinkled his nose and he didn't want to go inside.

"Who are you?"

The guy raised his eyebrows and extended his hand.

"I'm Jamie, Nialls boyfriend."

Harry swallowed. We couldn't miss his reaction and I was once again uncertain over everything. Niall gave me a knowing look and nodded that I would walk in. I swallowed and I looked at Harry again. Okay, what goes around comes around? I got up a smile.

"Hi Jamie, I've heard so much about you."

Yes it was small talk and I dragged Harry into the house. Damn, Harry would forget all about me directly and he would follow after Niall. I searched for Eleanor. She stood in a corner and talked to Holly. Damn, I wanted to talk to her and tell her that we should forget everything. This went in another direction, in the wrong direction. (Or One Direction) ^^,

"I need a drink."

Harry let go of my hand and he went with big steps over  to the table. I was left alone and I felt small. Shit! I spun around and was grateful to Niall came up to me.

"It wont work." I whispered hoarsely. "He has eyes only for you and your boyfriend. Why did he have to be here, your Jamie?"

Niall took his hands soothing against my shoulders and he smiled at me.

"Kim, today I came out of the closet. Today all got to know that I'm gay." He took a deep breath. "And believe me, he will be looking for you. We stick to the plan and nothing else."

I nodded and I looked away at Harry. He swept two glasses at nearly the same time. Crap. I looked at Niall again.

"But if he gets drunk, you know really drunk, then we put it all down."

Niall released my shoulders and he smiled kindly.

"Kim, do me a favor. Have fun. Talk to everyone here and breathe."

I stood with my third beer and I had plans to drink too much. Harry was talking with Liam, but his eyes were at Nialls direction. I saw how Harry really looked for his former boyfriend, and he did it without hiding it from me. I swallowed. I was anyways not jealous. I felt calm with that the energy was put on Niall and not on me.

"So how does it feel?"

Eleanor put herself by my side and she smiled big. I swallowed.

"We'll see!" I muttered hoarsely. "I don't think we can implement the plan."

She laughed and she noted who Harry stared at.

"He will be looking for you." she whispered kindly. "When he realizes that Niall really don't want him back then he want to find you."