29. me and his ex

I almost trembled when I searched for Nialls number online. Yes, I had decided to talk to him. I picked up the phone and dialed in the number. I took the phone to my ear and waited. Five signals were heard, and then he replied.

"Niall?"

I hesitated. Damn, what would I say?

"Hello, this is Kim!"

There was silence on the other end. I sat down on the couch and I took a deep breath.

"Yes, you're mad at me and I know why, but I'm calling so that ..." well why did I called him? "Can we get together and talk?"

Niall seemed to think. I heard he was still there at the other end. He was out walking, or something.

"Okay!" he muttered hoarsely. "There's a cafe down at the park. You know the ones that have a duck over the door."

I knew where he meant.

"Yes?"

Niall cleared his throat.

"I'm standing outside the place. If I go in and order something to drink and eat, you can go there now?"

I was nervous. It felt as if I did something stupid behind Harry's back, but I wanted to talk to Niall. I didn't expect that we would become the best of friends, but maybe we could bring peace. I opened the door and right away I saw him in the corner of the room. He sat at a small table with a newspaper in front of him. He had a cup of coffee and a plate as said that he had eaten something. I chose to go to the counter first and pay for coffee. I took my cup and I went to Nialls table. He raised his head and two blue eyes met mine. Okay, he was prettier from what I remembered. In my head, he was ugly and mean, but now at close, he was normal.

"Hello!" I got up and cleared my throat. He put aside the newspaper and pointed to the chair on the other side of the table.

"Sit down."

I obeyed. I put down the cup and unbuttoned my jacket. I sat down. He looked straight at me and it was as if he was trying to get a picture of me.

"So you want to talk?"

His voice was cold, but still open to change. I chose to nod.

"Yes, it's about Harry."

Niall snorted.

"It's probably the only thing we have in common." he muttered hoarsely. "So he did realized that he's gay again?"

I swallowed and looked down at the cup.

"No, I don't know what he's thinking." I answered a little more secure. "I just wanted to talk to you and maybe get a picture over how you was together?"

Niall laughed cold.

"How we had it?" he snorted. "Before you came into the picture, we had a good relationship. We had routines, we talked and hung out."

I nodded. Yes, it was I who was the culprit. It was I who had taken Harry away from him.

"Sorry!" I mumbled uncertainly. "I probably didn't know what I was doing."

Niall frowned and leaned back in his chair. He put a hand on the table and let his  fingers rest on the table.

"So what is it you really want to talk about?"

I looked up at him. What would I say?

"Uh, I guess I want to ask you about..." I blushed. "He always wants to have sex and he doesn't even try to acquire an interest beyond that."