4. My friend/his friends

Sally frowned about it all and she just stared at me. We sat at a small cafe and drank coffee. It was Wednesday, and I began to plan for the meeting with Harry's friends.

"You mean they have to accept you?"

She asked the question as if she felt that Harry was crazy. I blushed and looked down at my coffee cup. Yes, it sounded crazy, but at the same time maybe they had that control in his gang, among his friends?

"If you think about it from his point of view, I think it's more about that the friends care." I got out of me to defend Harry. "He said it in a way that made me stay calm. It's just a meeting, and Harry thinks that I don't have anything to be worried about."

Sally didn't know if she should laugh or not.

"I've heard of parents who must approve the kids boyfriends or girlfriends, but not their friends."

I snorted and looked up at her.

"I can't change their rules." I got fast forward. "I just think it's about taking care of each other."

She still didn't seemed to like it.

"So you mean that they are like a ghetto gang? Are you sure they don't kill those as they don't like?"

I burst out laughing by her question and Sally did the same. I agreed to that the whole arrangement was weird, but at the same time, I didn't want to make Harry disappointed. I actually wanted more than to just be his friend and maybe he wanted me to prove that back?

"Okay, I understand you!" Sally said finally. "Harry seems to be a great guy to hang out with, with hilarious friends?"

I nodded a little bit.

"He's handsome, he's incredible at giving compliments, and he makes me feel good."

Sally smiled big at me.

"So what will you wear?"

I tried to see my wardrobe in front of me.

"I don't know. Do you think that black dress, as is tight fitting, are the best one for the evening? The dress I never did dared to use?"

Sally's eyes got big and her smile grew.

"Now we're talking! And we'll buy new sexy lingerie and you'll make him forget all doubt."

Harry sent me text messages all week. I answered all and it seemed as if he really wanted me. When Saturday came, I did everything I could to make myself look good. I dyed my hair in a shade darker, I shaved the body all that as needed to be shaved, I made myself ready so  that I was in top condition.

In the end I put on the new underwear, my black dress and high-heeled shoes. I made sure that my hair was perfect down over my back. It was the only thing I was proud of. My hair had always been thick and long. I had often thought about changing that and cut it all off, but why take away the only I was proud over. I looked at myself through the mirror and I tried to see the best of me. Although I wasn't happy, I realized one thing. I looked as if I was confident right now and I realized that I couldn't change me to something better than this.

When Harry finally rang at my doorbell, I was ready to meet his friends and I had really told myself that this would work. I would smile and I should think before I spoke. It was as if I had prepared myself to this evening. I opened the door and Harry got big eyes as soon as he looked at me. I saw at him that he liked what he saw, which made me blush.

"You're just too perfect." he got hoarse and muffled out. He leaned toward me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, then he smiled big. "You really are beautiful."