9. rumors

I wanted something stylish to the party. Therefore, I chose to go to a clothing store in the center and try to be a little more modern. There were dresses in all styles and types. I told myself immediately that I wouldn't be a nice girlfriend. I'd be a sexy girlfriend, because I wanted to stand beside Harry without feeling like the ugly duck. It was hard for me to even find something, because I usually only bought clothes for everyday life. I had a few times dared to get fancier clothes, but mostly they were just hanging in the closet, as evidence over my cowardice.

"Kim?"

I spun around and I was surprised when I saw Eleanor. She was still the same girl, good-looking as ever, but the difference was that she seemed happy to see me.

"Hello?" I got uncertain up. She laughed a little and she came up to me.

"What a pleasure to see you." She said exclaimed, as if we were friends. "It was long ago, and Sally said you have a new boyfriend. Congratulations!"

I blushed a little. Uncertainty feelings took over, but I tried to hide everything I felt from her.

"Thanks!"

She leaned a little bit against me.

"So what's his name? Who is he?"

I swallowed. Okay, she would certainly think that I lied.

"Harry Styles...."

Eleanor's face changed and I wasn't surprised. At first she appeared almost as if she didn't  believe me, but she chose to keep the smile.

"Are you with Harry?"

I nodded proudly.

"Yes, I'm his girlfriend. I'm actually right now I am here to buy a dress that I will wear on Saturday when we'll meet."

Eleanor frowned and she stared at me like I was crazy.

"Okay?" she muttered hoarsely. I felt somehow that I become bigger than her as a person and I realized one thing. She was no longer a threat to me. She couldn't take Harry away from me and I was sure that it was what that she was thinking about.

"You seem surprised?" I got fast forward. "Ugly little Kim got the prince and the kingdom?"

She shook her head a little bit and she become ashamed over her reaction.

"No Kim, I am happy for you and..." She cleared her throat a little. "It was just that I thought he was gay."

Gay? Now it was I who was a question mark.

"And why would he be gay?"

She blushed and avoided looking at me.

"No, it was just a rumor that went around. They said he was gay and went to places where naked guys was dancing. But it's just a rumor."

I snorted and I quickly shook my head.

"I'm living proof that he's not gay." I was proud over myself. "We have gone further than just sit on the couch."

Eleanor looked at me again and actually she didn't seemed to be jealous.

"Nice!" she got up. "I mean, he's good looking and all that, but I have no idea who he really is."

I didn't care about what she knew or didn't know.

"Yes, he's charming, funny, and he cares about me in the first place."

Sally sat on my bed and she looked at me when I picked up the new clothes from the bags. I had bought new underwear, a patterned dress, matching shoes and so on.