20. My mother

It was Sunday, and Harry and I had slept away half the day, because of what happened during the night. Now I stood in the hall with my mother. She was just "passing by" and I had no idea what I would say.

"Can't I come in?" she asked hoarsely. I swallowed. I heard that Harry put on the coffee in the kitchen and I knew he had the clothes on. Mom heard the same sound. She looked down at all the shoes in the hall and she saw Harry's shoe.

"Who's he?"

I hesitated. I closed the door behind her to gain a few seconds, but before I could respond, Harry showed up. The shirt was buttoned so no tattoos were almost visible, and he had with a big smile on his lips, he went up to my mom.

"I'm Harry Styles, your daughter's boyfriend."

I was grateful that I was behind my mother's back. I didn't see her suspicious gaze and her silly fake smile.

"Hello!" she got hoarse forward. "I'm Kath, Nelly's mother." She cleared her throat. "So do I get coffee at this place."

Harry nodded, pleased and gave me a wink with the eye.

"You can have the biggest cup in the apartment if you want."

I followed them into the kitchen. I noticed quickly that my mother seemed to like Harry. She sat down at the kitchen table and she watched him carefully. Harry took out coffee cups and sugar in a sugar bowl. He put it all up on the table and smiled at her.

"How nice that I finally got to meet you." he said, fawning and slid down into a chair. My mother came up with a genuine smile and she looked at us both, then at me.

"Why haven't you called me to tell me about that you met such a fine young man?"

I blushed.

"We've only been together a few weeks."

She snorted and then looked at Harry.

"So you have a job?"

He nodded reassuring.

"Yes, I work full time at a bakery and actually it's a fun job."

I didn't understand what Harry had done with her. My mother was always against new people and she had so many times said that I wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend. Now she seemed to have forgotten all the warnings about how dangerous men was, and instead she sat and smiled. Harry began to talk about his job, his family and so on. I was shocked and I felt almost embarrassed that I hadn't told her about Harry. I fetched the coffee and poured it into the cups. I sat down on the chair next to Harry and he was quick to pick up my hand in his.

"Yes, I have always said that Nelly needs a good working young man." I heard my mother say. I put the coffee in the throat.

"You have never ever said that to me."

She snorted a little bit.

"The only thing I want is for you to be happy Kim and if Harry makes you happy, then I think it's good enough." She then smiled against my boyfriend. "However, I have warned her to guys as like a little less good things."

Harry nodded as if he understood.

"You can be calm Kath!" he said instead. "We have decided to wait until after the wedding with such things."

Oh my god, Harry was lying? But I didn't blamed him for that lie. My mother lit up like the sun, and she looked at me again.

"You have certainly managed to find a perfect husband. So when are you getting married?"