7. True love

On Wednesday, I cleaned the whole apartment after work and I had time to sort myself out. I was nervous and Sally's words echoed in my head. Somehow I understood her, but at the same time, I felt that she was just jealous. Sally had got boyfriends before, but not me. And this was my first real chance to get some love. Why couldn't she let me feel a little happiness?

I took a deep breath and stood in front of the mirror. OK, maybe I wasn't that kind of girl who should get that good looking guy, but after all it was Harry who chose me. I frowned. Okay, why did he choose me? I looked down at my body. Maybe I wasn't exactly very slim, but I wasn't thick. I had a normal body and normal face. My eyes were brown and my hair dark. Maybe he liked girls with brown eyes and dark hair? I frowned. Okay, many others, who were better looking, fit in that description, but he wanted me.

When it knocked on the door I adjusted my clothes and I went out into the hall with less confidence. I opened the door and I looked up at Harry. The courage failed me. I didn't dare to find out why he liked me. I didn't want that Sally would get right on that. I smiled weakly and left room for him, so he came into the hall.

"You were quiet today?"

Harry's smile dazzled me and I blushed a little bit.

"No, I'm just tired after work."

He pulled off his jacket, and I closed the front door. He looked at me with the same curiosity as before and he seemed to like what he saw.

"So the first time I get to see your apartment?" he said dully and turned around. He went into the room and smiled at everything that was mine. I had a couch, a TV, a bookcase and everything was fresh clean. He peeked into the kitchen, the bedroom and the bathroom, as if he wanted to fantasize out who I really was. Then Harry turned around to look at me again.

"You're such a girl who likes to cuddle?"

I giggled.

"Well, perhaps?"

He laughed a little and took a few steps toward me.

"Kim, I like your home. You look so tense, as if you think I would dismiss you?"

I swallowed and looked down at the floor. Sally's words echoed in his head. I didn't even know that I started to talk until it was too late.

"You're a good-looking guy, and you know what you want. Why on earth did you choose me? I don't fit into even the template of girls you should choose."

I closed my eyes and I almost felt ashamed. The stomach tingle of uncertainty that I felt. Harry came up to me and I felt his fingers under his chin. He lifted my face and I opened my eyes, so that I looked right at him. He was serious and he didn't take the matter as a joke.

"Because you're unique." he whispered hoarsely, without a doubt. He smiled a little bit and he continued to see me. "Maybe I can't exactly tell you what it is as made me fall for you, but you should know that you're unique. You have the ability to make me daydream about you, you make me fantasize when you're not with me and there aren't many other girls who have made that happen. "

I blushed. He leaned forward and he gave me a light kiss on the lips. He took a deep breath.

"Kim, you're beautiful and I don't understand why others haven't seen it. I don't like those girls who are perfect. Perfect Girls are boring."

He seemed honest. I saw no signs of doubt in his eyes and I didn't notice that he now felt uncomfortable when he said it all to me. I came up with a faint smile. Sally was  wrong and I was right. I swallowed.