16. Giver and taker

Harry and I stood in my kitchen that Friday and cooked food together. It gnawed deep inside me that I hadn't told Harry about Niall. I therefore leaned against the kitchen counter and I followed Harry with my eyes. He turned the meat to the pan and he smiled at me.

"Okay, what is it you want to tell me?"

I hesitated. I swallowed.

"Niall was outside my apartment this week." I got up. "He said I was blind and that I should break up with you."

Full Harry responded. I saw that he become stiff all over and he clenched his jaw hard together.

"What did you say?"

I looked down at the floor and for once I changed my mind, but it was too late.

"Niall was standing outside my apartment, or he sat in his car. He said that I don't know everything about you and he said that you two also have a history together."

Harry turned his body completely towards me and I noticed that he seemed unsure. I understood him. This wasn't a normal conversation.

"Kim....."

I looked up at him.

"It is okay!" I whispered hoarsely. "I don't care what you did or didn't do before me. I don't care if you have been with him, but I just want...."

My voice failed me. He put his head askew and I saw that he was thinking about this.

"I'm here by choice." he said quickly. "I'm with you because I want to be with you."

I nodded.

"I know, but Niall seem to think that you are his."

Harry smiled wryly and he took a few steps toward me.

"I'll talk to him... Okay?"

I shook my head quickly.

"No, I don't want you to start arguing with him, but you can tell him that,,,,. That you chose me, and that we are together in earnest."

Harry swallowed.

"Yes, I promise to talk to him."

Harry walked up to me and this time he hugged me. I answered the hug and hid my face against his neck. I hugged him tight and I knew that my theory was right. Harry chose me and Niall has no longer anything demand from Harry.

"I will solve this." I heard him say dull. "I promise it will be fine and the next time he's standing outside your apartment, walk in and call me."

I nodded.

"I promise."

Harry raised a hand and got my face to land against his face. He kissed me and I felt that he wanted to show that he still was mine, now and forever. I answered the kiss and it was as if all that with Niall just disappeared.

"So we'll eat?" he asked, after he had finished the kiss. "I'm hungry."

I nodded and I felt relieved.

"Yes, let's eat."

Harry was behind me in the bed, and he had his arms around me. I felt his skin on my back and I also loved his fragrances. All that got me to be calm, to feel more harmonious inside. I closed my eyes and I wondered what we would do on Saturday. Somehow, I wanted that this would become a habit. Harry in my bed and we slept together.

"Kim?"

His voice was muffled. I smiled.

"Yes?"