31. Friend

I have no idea why I said yes. Eleanor wanted me to accompany her to the clothing store and I quickly realized the difference between us. She was rich, I was poor. The shop she had chosen had only clothes I could dream of. It was really a expensive place to be at. Likewise, it was more her style. I wasn't the girl who just could put on clothes just like that and they fit. It was like I was forever was doomed to ugly clothing.

"This?"

Eleanor held up a red dress. Yes, it was beautiful. I looked at the price tag and I was about to choke.

"Nice, but expensive."

Directly she laughed a little and she held it up in front of me, as if she wanted to see if I fit in red. I blushed a little.

"Red isn't my color."

She didn't agree with me.

"Kim, please, you have to dare."

I sighed.

"Even if I dared, I wont add a whole month's salary on a single dress."

Eleanor looked at me again and her eyes shone.

"Who told you that you would pay for it?"

I swallowed.

"No thanks..."

She interrupted me by giving it over to me.

"Go into the fitting room and try it on. I want to see you in that dress once."

I blushed.

"But..."

She laughed a little bit against me.

"Please, Kim! Try it!"

I felt like Cinderella, only much worse. I took the dress and I went into a fitting room. Slowly I changed and I got it on. Slowly, I looked into the mirror and I was surprised. It was a pretty dress. It didn't sit directly tight over my body, but it showed my shape. The fabric was soft and it was as made for me. Damn, I hadn't even afford half of the dress. I heard the door went up and Eleanor appeared. I saw in the mirror how her smile grew and she eyed me carefully.

"It's prefect!" she muttered hoarsely. I blushed and I chose to show how hesitant I was.

"Please, it's expensive. Yes, it's nice, but no, I can't buy it"

I was surprised when she put herself behind me and put her chin on my shoulder. Our eyes met in the mirror and I felt her hands around my waist.

"May I buy it for you?"

I shook my head in embarrassment.

"No!"

She smiled awry.

"But I can give it as a gift, because now we're going to plan things together?"

I did still shaking my head.

"No, I can't accept it."

I didn't know how I would interpret it, but she gave my neck a light kiss.

"It's a gift from me to you... that's it!"

"Where have you been?"

I was surprised. Outside my door was Harry. He sat with his back against the door, as if he were guarding me or something, and he didn't look happy.

"I was in town with a friend."

He frowned.

"I've been sitting here for three hours."