24

~ The Next Day ~

▪ { E R I C A } ▪

Lee and I were currently at the mall shopping because she wants to of course. And because we're gonna go out for a movie tonight at the movie theater. I just need something to get me focused off of what Leh'Lani told me because last night , I couldn't even fucking sleep.

I had dreams to where I was the baby's " dad " and Lee left me with the kids and I never seen them again. Fucking horrible.

*

"Babe." Lee said snapping her fingers in my face.

"Wha - huh?" I asked and she laughed.

"I said what color should I get? Gold or silver?" She showed me the heels. I looked at them closely.

"Gold looks better on you." I grinned and she smiled.

"Same thing I was thinking. I'm gonna get these then we can go." She said and kissed my cheek. I sighed and checked my phone.

Nothing but simple normal notifications.

"Baby I'm going to the bathroom." I said and she nodded getting in the checkout line. I walked to the bathroom to splash some water on my my face.

As I was walking  , i seen Janae and hoped that Leh'Lani wasn't with her.

I walked off to the side trying to avoid eye contact with Janae. "Oh hey Erica."

Shit.

I turned to her and nodded. "Wassup Janae." I said and we hugged.

"Nothing. Did my sister tell you the news yet?" She smiled and i put up my fakest smile nodding looking off to the side. "I really can't wait for him or her to come. Can you?"

"Um ... I guess." I shrugged and she frowned. Next thing you know , Leh'Lani approached us pushing little Elijah in his stroller. But he was sleeping.

"Erica .." She said looking me up and down and rolled her eyes getting her salad. I sighed.

"Look , I'll see you around I gotta go. My wife is waiting for me." I said and Lee looked at me.

"Ohh okay. It was nice seeing you." Janae said and I walked off. I didn't really have to go to the bathroom but I went anyway.

▪ { L E H ' L A N I } ▪

"What happened?" I asked and we started walking.

"I was just asking her if she's ready for the baby to come and she said she guess." Janae said and I sighed. I really want for Erica to hopefully help me , but that probably won't happen so she better get ready to get on child support.

And it hurt because I would've thought she would at least say something nice. So I just couldn't hold my cries anymore , I just started crying. Janae looked at me from her phone and she hugged me 

"Aww baby sis don't cry." She said rubbing my back and I sniffed.

"I can't. Nae it hurts. She's the one who did this and won't admit she did." I said.

"But your the one who wanted the baby Lani. Isn't this what you wanted?" I nodded and she nodded.

"Exactly. Like I said , were gone be here for you. You don't need Erica boo. If she be in the baby's life , then good. If she doesn't , then - "

"She going on child support." Janae laughed.

"That too , but we're gonna be here. Don't worry. I got you." She said and I pushed sleeping Elijah's stroller.