83

| 3 MONTHS LATER |

▪ { E R I C A } ▪

I grabbed the boutique of flowers and fixed my suit. I sprayed my cologne on my body and rubbed my hands together with some manly lotion. I then checked myself out. Got my hair cut right , fresh shoes on , clothes looking good , smelling good and all. Your probably wondering why I'm getting so clean tonight right?

Well .. today is Jessica's birthday. She's turning 28 years old. I brought her some flowers , a card , and I even brought her a necklace. She's gonna love it. These past 3 and a half months have been wonderful between us. We've taken weekends together and go out of state , always going on dates , and we spend the night at each other's place on different nights. I really like Jessica. We became closer.

She met Lee already because Lee brought the kids one weekend and their meet wasn't as good. But after some talking into both of their heads , they're slowly coming together as friends.

I don't really see me and Lee becoming a relationship again. I lost that passionate love for her. She'll always have a place in my heart though. But maybe moving on is best for us. 😶

*

Sunny moved out and got an apartment so I'm by myself when no one is with me. I'm thinking about getting a pet though. 😕

*

I got in my grey Mercedes-Benz and started my car. I played You Belong To Somebody Else by Dej Loaf and Jacquees. ( Y'all have to really go fw that ! )

I drove to the restaurant Jessica is celebrating her birthday with her family.

| Fancy's Restaurant 🍷|

I got out and grabbed the flowers heading to the entrance. Jessica doesn't even know I'm coming. She told me about it but I told her I wasn't gonna be able to make it. I lied. Just to surprise her. 😊

I walked inside and the cashier looked at me.

" GoodEvening are you - Omg Erica Brown . " She said and I smiled. " I can't b-believe it. I think I'm gonna pass out . " She said and started breathing heavy. I frowned. Luckily , she had water near by and took a sip. Glad she did. "Okay I'm sorry . So do you have reservations or here for the party? " She asked.

" I'm here for the party . Jessica Gonzalez. " I said and she nodded opening the swipe thing.

" Enjoy . Go straight to the back . " She said.

This place was pretty packed. People were everywhere. This is a buffet so I don't blame em.

I made it to the back and seen Jessica's sister Camille at the ice cream part. " Hey Camille. " I said.

"Oh hey Erica . I thought Jessica said you wasn't coming tonight . " She said and I laughed.

" I only told that to her . " I grinned and Camille smiled.

" Awwee that's so sweet . I'm glad you here she isn't being herself tonight . All she's doing is sitting at the table drinking little drinks and looking around . I'm like , Jess you need to get up and do something . She won't move . Every time she'll check her phone , I'll see the picture of you and her and she sigh . " She said and I felt kinda bad. Mama should be enjoying her birthday but she's not.

" I think this will cheer her up then . " I said showing her the flowers and pulled the necklace box out my pocket showing her the necklace and Camille awed.

" Omg that's so beautiful ! " She said. " She'll love it omg Erica . Girl I wish my husband was like you . " she said and i laughed sticking the box back in my pocket.