35

Chapter 35-

Dragonfly

'Alright, don't freak out.' Sasuke thought giving himself a mental prep talk.

He just rounded the corner with his arms straight down his sides grasping his gift in his hands careful not to break it. He walked into a part of Konoha he never knew about. It was a relatively quiet neighborhood, where lots of sun and flowers grew. When Sasuke found her house he noticed flowers were over flowing the yard with their bright colors. Sasuke walked down the pave walk way that lead to the door. He knocked firmly on the wood without hesitation keeping a straight face.

The door opened minutes later with a gently force. A woman with dark blonde shoulder length hair and striking dark green eyes came into view.

"Hello." She greeted with a polite smile.

"I came to see Sakura." He blurted out like a nervous wreck which was very unlike Sasuke.

"Oh you are? Are you here for that party?" The older woman asked peeking inside her house then turning to face him again. "It's a bit early. I thought it was going to start later."

'Did H-Hinata trick me?' Sasuke asked himself with his heart begining to race the fastest it ever had.

"What's your name dear?" The older woman asked as she opened her door wide and gestured for him to come in.

"Sasuke Uchiha." He answered back stepping over the threshold.

"Little Sasu-cakes?" She asked with a laugh.

Sasuke cringed but nodded his head in response. It's been years since he heard that name.

"My my, have you grown a lot. I didn't even recognized you one bit." Mebuki Haruno gushed. "I'll let Sakura know your here."

When she left him at the front door, Sasuke whipped out his phone texting the lavender hair girl. She responded moments later saying she didn't mean to tell him the wrong time that it was purely an accident. But he knew all too well that she'd never make mistakes, she remembers the most important of details. Upon hearing footsteps fast approaching, he pocketed his phone and took in a deep breath then exhaling it all out by his nose.

A blur of pink came to his view, it stopped and wobbled till it came to a full stop. Long pink hair flung to the side. Pink socks were planted on the ground. Her white sundress with pink detailing at the hem flowed to a halt at her porcelain knees. A smile slowly grew wider and wider. Big bright green eyes were staring straight at Sasuke.

"Sasuke?" She asked quietly wondering if her eyes were disheveling her.

"Hi Sakura." He said cooly even with his heart pumping through his ears.

"Naruto said you'd come around! I should have known better." The pinkette said. There was only signs of happiness in her emotions, there was none coming to the surface about the incident. "I can't believe you came here."

"Hinata mentioned you were having a party." He said quietly. Sasuke looked down at his hand before bringing it up to show her. "This is for you."

The raven hair boy held a single bright yellow daylily in full bloom that began to wilt slightly without water.

Sakura's smile soften as she reached out to accept the gift. "Wow another one from my Sasu-cakes huh?"

"Yeah." He answered recalling faintly of the events. Sasuke even felt his face heat up.

"We can hang out in my room until the others come. Everyone agreed to come around three. Enough time for everyone to prepare themselves and for Naruto and Kiba to climb out of bed." She said with a laugh leading the way to her bedroom.