Chapter 34

Chapter 34: Conference

Conference

Alice and I both walked inside together and sat down on the couch. Or rather, she sat down on the couch and I ended up sitting on her lap, not that I was complaining. I snuggled into her and nuzzled into her chest, breathing in that sweet smell of strawberries and chocolate. She did the same and nuzzled her nose into my hair, breathing in and out.

The others were still watching the football game, which Emmett seemed to be getting into.

"Go! Go! Go!" he shouted, pumping his arms in the air.

"They can't hear you, Emmett," Edward pointed out.

"Oh, let the brainless monkey man have his fun," Amara teased.

Emmett growled at her. "Who are you calling a brainless monkey man?"

"Do you even need to ask?" she inquired, grinning.

Emmett scowled. Rosalie rolled her eyes and patted him on the head.

"It's okay, babe. You're my brainless monkey man."

Amara sneered. "Translation; you're pussy whipped too."

"Okay, that's it!" Emmett shouted, jumping up from the couch. Amara laughed and in an instant the two collided into one another in midair before falling onto the floor, rolling around and growling as they wrestled around. Amara quickly got Emmett into a headlock, grinning as she pulled back on his neck.

"Say uncle!"

"Up yours!" Emmett retorted. He rammed his head into her face, causing her to let go, then spun around and wrapped her into a bear hug, squeezing tightly. "Nowyou say uncle!"

"No!" Amara growled, struggling to fight out of her brother's grip.

She eventually broke free and pounced on Emmett, throwing him back down to the ground. He wasn't about to give up, though, and they both kept rolling around trying to best the other. Jasper and Rosalie merely watched them, shaking their heads at the display of their respective mate. They both glanced at one another and shared a look before turning to watch as Emmett roughly slammed Amara down, only to be flung into the air seconds later.

"Why must our mates be so dense?" Rosalie asked.

Jasper chuckled. "It's in their nature."

Rosalie nodded in agreement. A few seconds later, a big smirk formed on her lips. "I bet my monkey man kicks your little slut's ass."

Jasper quirked an eyebrow. "Fifty dollars on the winner?"

"Deal."

Alice, Edward and I all laughed at the display, only for our laughter to be interrupted by a throat clearing in the kitchen. Esme stood with her hands on her hips, shaking her head at her children's display. However, a crashing noise caused her to scowl at her Emmett and Amara.

"Emmett! Amara! Stop wrestling in the house!" Esme shouted. They both stopped and groaned. Esme shook her head and pointed outside. "Out with you two. I will not have any more furniture destroyed because of your roughhousing. Now out!"

With pouts on their faces, Emmett and Amara both stood up and walked outside. No sooner did they get out the door did Amara push Emmett down and tackle him. Emmett growled in response and threw her off. The two crouched down, grinning ear to ear and jumped, colliding into one another once again. Edward groaned and shook his head while Alice and I both sighed.

"Are they always like this?" I asked.

"Yup. It's actually pretty fun to wrestle, though," Alice said, smiling.