Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Complications

Complications

"Why the hell are you here, dyke?" Lauren spat. "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face after the shit you pulled at school."

I flinched. "Excuse me? What I did? You and your stupid bimbos attacked me," I snarled, letting my irritation from how badly things had gone today to seep through my tone. Jessica and Mike both looked mildly fearful, while Lauren just looked more perturbed.

"You deserved it!" she shouted, taking a step towards me.

I narrowed my eyes and stood my ground. Was I afraid? A tiny bit. But I was more pissed off than anything else and damn if I wasn't sick of this bitch always making my problems one hundred times worse.

"And just look what you did to my beautiful face!" she whined.

She pointed to the black bruise that was prominent on her right cheek, left over from when I'd socked the bitch two days ago. Though I was rather proud of what I'd done, right now all I wanted to do was take another swing at her "beautiful" face and knock the bitch senseless.

"You got what you deserved," I repeated. "Just be thankful you didn't get your hair shaved like your other idiot friends."

Lauren glowered at me. "Fuck you, lesbo. Thanks to you and your piece of shit family, not only are my friends forced to wear wigs, but now we've all been suspended! You and your sisters should have been the ones suspended for all the shit you did to us! Hell, you and your bitch shouldn't even be allowed to come onto school campus anymore!"

I felt a venomous fury start to overtake me as I balled my hands into tight fists.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I hissed, walking directly up to her. Our heights were about even, so we were at eye level as we both glared at one another. My glare was stronger, though, since I saw a bead of sweat drop from Lauren's brow. She didn't back down though.

"Lauren, just leave it alone," Tyler grumbled. "Can't we enjoy the day for once? Please?"

"Yeah, Lauren," Mike agreed. I could tell that he was utterly petrified of me, which made the confidence swell up within me.

"Shut up!" Lauren hissed. "How can we enjoy our day with this dyke still here?"

"Lauren..." Tyler groaned.

Lauren didn't pay attention to him and jabbed my shoulder with her finger.

"Get out of my face."

"No."

"What?"

I grabbed the neck of her shirt with my right hand, surprising both her and myself. "I said no, bitch."

I had no idea where the confidence to do all of this was coming from, but I went with it. I was sick and tired of her close-minded, gay bashing bullshit. I was sick of being treated like crap by her and by practically everyone else at the school. And I was sick of her talking bad about my Alice and my family, damn it!

"Let her go!" Jessica squealed, not budging an inch.

I was vaguely aware of the fact that my name was being called from behind me, but I ignored it.

I glared at Lauren, holding her gaze. I watched as her eyes widened in fear and found myself smiling at that, but only for a few seconds. I tossed her down to the ground and took a few steps forward until I was hovering over her, fists clenched tightly.

"Now you listen to me," I growled. "I have had enough of you running your damn mouth, you got that? I'm tired of it and I want you to stop. I don't give a shit if you like me or my girlfriend or my family, but I do give a shit that you keep badmouthing them. You have noreason to talk shit about any of them, you hear me? So quit it or else."