Chapter 77

Chapter 77:Dress.

Dress

It seemed to me that maybe God was a fan of prom. After everyone had purchased their dress at the superstore-and a butt-load of other things no thanks to Alice and Rosalie-we all went back to the house. Esme made Angela, Katie and I some sandwiches and we spent time talking about what we had planned for the future next year after we graduated.

It was strange, talking about the future. Katie and Angela both had plans. I didn't. Alice, who had been sitting with me while we talked, piped up and said that the two of us would be heading to college in Alaska. I'd never heard of that, but I didn't say anything. I just smiled and nodded.

Later on, Alice explained to me that we would likely need to move to a more convenient location for when I turned into a vampire, a place that wasn't as populated so that I wouldn't be as enticed to blood as I would if surrounded by humans. That made sense and I agreed, but I wondered if Alaska was really the best choice.

"The Denalis are there, so we would have people to stay with and more vampires to help you when you're changed," she told me when I asked. "Don't worry, love. We'll do everything we can to help you when the time comes."

"But what if I still slip?" I asked quietly.

She stroked my cheek reassuringly. "I'll be there for you."

We didn't speak on that subject afterwards. I opted not to, merely because I didn't want to worry myself about it. Alice was content with changing the subject around and we went on. But the fact remained there, ingrained in the back of my head, that I would be dangerous and that I would most likely take someone's life. I only hoped that if it came down to it, that they deserved it.

I spent a good amount of time with Alice throughout the week, which was to be expected since the two of us had become practically inseparable. We kissed, cuddled, played video games, watched movies and spent a lot of time with the family, which was loads of fun. Every day we did something new and fun, something that I could do since I was still human, yet it was a challenge for at least half the family to do.

We played Twister, for example. That was entertaining, especially when I was watching people that were super limber trying to outmatch each other-I tried to play, but I usually got eliminated pretty quickly save for the two times I won-which was always fun. They would always try to use cheap moves to best each other, which I found even more fun.

For example, during one game Alice poked Amara's bellybutton when she was bent over backwards, winking at me as she did. Amara was caught off guard and collapsed on top of Rosalie, eliminating the both of them from the game. They both got her back, though. Rose ran her bare leg across Alice's face and Amara smacked her ass, causing Alice to yelp and fall.

I'd never realized it before, but my family was very competitive with each other. No one liked being outmatched, especially Alice. She was one of the most competitive and I think it was because of her that everyone else was. It was surprising for me to see my graceful, loving pixie acting cocky and arrogant, always gloating about her victories. It was kind of hot, too.

We did other things, though, like nature hikes, swimming trips and other games, like family checkers, Sorry, Yahtzee and Monopoly. Monopoly night was interesting. I think if Jasper hadn't been there with his gift, the game board would have been destroyed. Rosalie, Emmett, Amara and Alice were all getting very into the game and their competitive nature made it all the worse.

I was laughing most of the time during that. The faces they made and how seriously they took a board game was utterly priceless. But then I started to get into it and got pissed off because Emmett kept taking my money from me. In the end, Jasper won, winning actual money from both of his brothers, Rosalie, Alice and Amara in the process. I didn't bet, thank God.