Chapter 63

Chapter 63: Differences

Differences

Great. Just fucking great. The last people on the planet that I wanted to see again-second to last, I mean-and they had to show up and ruin what was supposed to be a good night. And now they were here. Terrific. Lauren, Jessica, Mike and Tyler were all in the doorway. Mike was the first to spot me and, as if she had a gay detector installed, Lauren quickly followed suit, then Tyler and lastly Jessica, who's eyes bulged in shock and terror.

Alice tensed up next to me, clutching my hand tightly in hers. I could tell that she wanted nothing more than to stand in front of me like she usually did, but she was keeping herself from doing so in order to give me my space.

"Oh my God..." Lauren breathed. "Again?"

"God's messing with us," Mike grunted.

"Seriously," agreed Tyler.

Jessica didn't say anything. She just stood there, gaping.

Alice's lips twitched. "I'm going to go have a word with them."

"Alice..." I started, but she was already walking toward them before I could finish. Damn that girl was fast sometimes.

The four idiots all froze when they saw Alice storming towards them. Jessica looked like she wanted to go run and hide in a corner, Mike looked like he wet himself and both Tyler and Lauren looked like they were about to do the same. I followed after Alice, since I didn't want a bloodbath to happen at the movies. Maybe behind the movie theater, but not in them.

Alice stopped several inches away from the cowering humans. I stopped right next to her, standing a bit behind her. I knew that if I was behind her, she'd be a bit less tense. I didn't mind since I was beyond flattered by her desire to protect me, even if we both knew I could take the four of them without much trouble at all.

"You," Alice hissed, glaring daggers at Lauren. "Come here, now."

Lauren gulped and did as she was told, robotically walking toward us. She stopped right in front of Alice, looking paler than a ghost and more afraid than a mouse despite the difference between the two of them in height.

"Did I not warn you not to fuck with my girlfriend anymore?" Alice asked in a threatening voice, lifting an eyebrow. "And yet what did you do, you went and fucked with her anyways, not to mention you talked shit about me and my family."

Lauren narrowed her eyes, trying to fight the fear. "I...I didn't-"

"Bullshit," Alice snarled. "My sister was there. She overheard you. And my Bella doesn't lie."

"O-okay, I did," Lauren stammered. She pointed a shaky finger at me. "S-she got me back for it, don't you see?" She pointed to her face next, and I noticed that there was a faint black eye around her right eye from where I'd punched her. I felt like smirking, but I held it in. Alice, on the other hand, smiled cruelly at her.

"Good. You got what you deserved. Now I believe that you owe her an apology."

Lauren looked surprised and irritated. Her previous fear was slightly swallowed up by her irritation as she clenched her fists to her side.

"She punched me," she ground out.

Alice sneered at her. "Because you were being a bitch to her."

"But-"

"Shut up, Lauren!" Jessica squealed, slapping her across the face from out of nowhere. Alice and I gaped. Mike and Tyler gaped. Lauren...Lauren's eyes were the size of soccer balls as she felt her now red cheek. Jessica seemed startled as well; staring at the hand that she'd used to strike the person that I thought was her idol. No one spoke for a few minutes.