Chapter 25 (Edited)

Ash's POV:
Bobbing my head to the sound coming from my headphones, I continued to fiddle with the pencil intertwined with my fingers. My mind had been blank for a while after the accident with Serena and it drove me crazy how she brought so much unwanted memories.

(Third person)
"Look! You would look really good in a beret!" Calem pulled out a burgundy colored beret from its racket, his taller height gave him an advantage to reach for it easily. Serena's eyes lit up with amazement for the piece of wardrobe (?) Calem provided for her.

In between them, Ash seemed to be younger, his facial features gave him a baby-like appearance and his height didn't help either. He stared at both of them with annoyance, him glaring at both of his friends before him before he turned to look at a straw hat next to a pink/red ribbon hung near another racket. "Well I think . . . If my mommy can style this hat," Ash reaches out for the straw hat and the ribbon. "You would look even better!" Like before the young honey blonde haired female's eyes lit up with adoration.

I sat staring at my computer screen which had turned black while I was out of it. From the screen I could see my own reflection like a mirror, my headphones placed like fake ears, I could see dark circles in my eyes due to the lack of sleep, I was capable of seeing how puffy I seemed. "Ash? Oh! You're still up!" I pushed myself away from my desk and turned towards the source behind the voice.

"I don't know if I should be mad or happy about the fact you are staying past midnight . . . Anyways, I have some good news!" Cilan walked inside without any hesitation, his hands behind his back throughout the whole transition. "Do you remember how I said I have someone in mind who could help you out with your lyrics?" I recalled what he had previously said a while back, the recurring point that got him interested. "Yes, what about it?"

"Here," He revealed some papers that were neatly stacked and stapled, the writing written in black pen with some pink highlights where mistakes seemed to have occurred. "It's finally complete, I checked over it and I have to say they have a gift." I took it from him and scanned over it, some of the parts standing out to me then others. "Her." I unknowingly corrected him, it was hard to forget how the pronoun had slipped through him so easily. "Right!"

Even when the lyrics were written in pen there weren't any actual mistakes except for added lyrics which were written in pink. Whoever this person was had a neat and satisfying way of writing, she took time in drafting it somewhere else which was noticeable due to how it's uncommon to find and see someone with handwriting like hers.

"Don't Just scan it, read it, idiot." It didn't surprise me how Cilan could tell what I was doing but it was true I had to read it to actually rate its possible worth.

I read the lyrics printed with black pen and making sure to read the pink. With every word, with every detail she had scripted it amazed me. It brought a further picture into my head when I read more and got into the storyline. "She wanted to try and write some parts in the girls perspective while working with the so called beast's point of view." I noted what he said, while the lyrics could be interpreted into something else I saw it just like her.

"It's like a duet then, with some parts belonging to the girl and majority going towards the beast . . . It could use some more power words here and there." My eyes landed on a specific part in the song. "I find it quite funny how she wrote 'I wear a mask to go and see you' when she can't even do that to hand over this piece of work she had created." Cilan lightly chuckled at the quoting of her lyrics.

"It would be hard for her to take off her mask though," He muttered under his breath something inaudible for me to hear him correctly whatsoever. "Um . . . I hope you get some proper sleep next time. I'll see you at breakfast then." With that he got up from his seat on my bed and walked out of my bedroom, leaving me looking back at the lyrics.

"I still want you . . ." I read out loud, from the words that sounded so vulnerable and in need of something, inside my head the lyrics sounded weak and powerless.

Edited