Chapter 57

The ballroom was grand; decorated with only the finest of silk materialized streamers, a huge chandelier which hung so effortlessly beautiful on top the chattering guests, a huge door that brought attention towards the incoming guests that came even in a bunch. From the polished floors to the gorgeous wallpaper that was all around the room, everything was fit for royalty.

Amongst the organized tables and chairs waiters and waitresses all scattered around bringing appetizers to everyone making sure no one was being deprived from the best imported goods. Everyone spoke with anyone that was within their surroundings, not caring who was behind the masks. Smiles, laughter, and spoken words were everywhere around the ballroom, people were strangers to one another yet held a conversation with anyone.

A stage was present furthest away from the door, close enough for those who chose to view the night sky out in the balcony to hear and listen to the music being performed. The sage being presented with different sets of instruments all depending on who would be getting on stage to entertain everyone, very well thought out.

Outside of the entirety that was the ballroom, limos that held special guests (unknown to who was who, of course) were lined up getting ready to allow the guests to walk out of and be exposed towards the people awaiting for their idols, models, writers, etc.

Within two, two sets of groups displayed the same nervous feeling. There was different celebrities inside limos all together maybe in groups that resembled them but that didn't stop them from feeling nervous to step foot outside and be found out. Especially the female group which held each others hands tightly in a way to soothe their uneasiness.

Ash's POV:
"Alright we walk in without bring attention to ourselves as much, make sure you don't give yourself away that easily just until we perform." Cilan ordered us, his eyes turning towards my mother who pulled out a big bag full of things I didn't know of.

I guess she noticed all of us turn to her and she spoke up about it with a smile. "The stylist didn't want for you guys to get trampled so she insisted on you boys changing for your performance and then change back into your suits, nobody will be out looking for suits if they don't know what kind of suit they are looking for . . . Better safe then anything." She smiled and held up the bag, for once the fury that I once had suddenly dispersed for a mere second that is until she brought up the name.

"Calem said he would be there . . . I think he told me he was wearing something similar to Ash, I can't really remember but I do know that Serena is definitely not going to make it." I felt my jaw clench as I tried to ignore her but I could feel a stare my way, Cilan.

"Oh well, hopefully she isn't feeling bad I would hate to be out at a party without her." I was getting ready to walk out of the limo by myself until I realized Paul was closest to the door then I was. There would be no way out unless I wanted to crush someone who inflicted serious pain towards one person.

"Let's just get this whole damn thing over with already . . . I don't think I like having a mask." I muttered out the last part whilst I adjusted the mask I had to wear for the occasion. "You look handsome Ash, now stop being grumpy." With those last words coming from my mother Paul opened the door when he saw others were doing the same, in unison everyone that was inside a limo walked out.

Those around us who weren't considered special guests turned to look our way, finding their gasps an whispers everyone ignored them and awaited everyone within their limos. My eyes trailed towards the long car that was just in-front of ours. A male was helping out females inside of the limo, using his blazer to cover the door before helping them out. Like a gentleman he was covering them up before he helped them out.

"Could that be the girls? You know the masked singers going around?" Gary questioned, he had wrapped an arm around me because I was too in trance with what he said I didn't even mind his action and just stared. They each had their signature color and matching masks that hid them perfect well for the public. My eyes narrowed as I saw the male go into the car for a second before actually covering the entire car door before he pulled his blazer away and held the last persons hand, he didn't let go even after she was out.

"Even with a mask . . ." I heard Cilan mutter right beside me, I didn't understand what he was saying and I didn't care because it seemed like Gary's previous question was true, they were the masked singers with powerful voices and incredible songs. "If they are them then who is the guy with them?" Our attention followed the girls who were nervously grasping onto their dresses.

"He did resemble Calem . . . Not to mention he is wearing something oddly similar to Ash."

"Coincidence." Cilan spoke up, interrupting all of our thinking and answering my mother's curious comment. His eyes weren't on the girls nor on us but rather his phone, he was typing up something and no less then a minute later he began walking causing all of us to follow in suit after him.

Serena's POV:
"Hold my hand if you feel nervous." The words that Calem spoke while helping me out of the limo stuck as I held tightly onto his hand for comfort. "Wow . . ." In unison we all stared in awe at the sight of the ballroom, I would be lying if I said that I hadn't already seen it in pictures but being one to experience it first hand was enough for me to die fawning over the actual outcome of things.

"I feel like I'm a princess . . ." I heard Dawn's voice falling just below a whisper as she was squealing over the place. A smile formed on my lips hearing them hawk over the scenery, my nervousness was slowly fading away. Good thing to because I felt Calem let go of my hand to answer his phone. He frowned for a second before looking back at me, a smile playing on him and even with his mask covering some of his eyes I could tell that he had his eyes crescent like the moon.

"How about I take you out on a small dance? The girls already have their dates but you and I can spend it together before you have to get on stage . . . It will ease you down more." I couldn't deny that I was confused at how the girls found dates but that was ignored by his kind voice and how his hands gently held onto mine, it was genuinely calming. "How about it? You don't have to say yes and we could just take a sea-"

"Let's go, I think it will be fun!" He stopped stammering over his words, his head looking back and shooting back towards me before rushingly walking towards the dance floor. I was confused but I continued to showcase a small smile. The music was upbeat not the usual ballad or classical music that would be on for a ball, those who wanted danced happily.

It felt incredible to be able to have fun away from the gruesome torture that was my family, they were good in a way that was only seen to those that were high class.

"Hey, do you think . . . Ash will be here as well?" I was taken back by his words but I danced nonetheless. "Why wouldn't he? Crimson was invited to join the party, they will be performing as well!" His smile was no longer genuine but forcing itself. "Do you . . . Remember when . . . We were kids . . . How we would always climb onto trees." I stopped dancing for a while, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked at him. Shaking my head slightly I continued furrowing my eyebrows. "No . . .?"

"Ah . . . Right . . . How about the time . . . I gave you a straw hat . . ." I was growing both confused and irritated, irritated with the fact I couldn't recall him giving me anything. Just simple words and actions but his face was no where near recognizable for me. "Neither that, do you . . .?"

"I remember the straw hat . . . I remember a ribbon . . . I can remember a locket but apart from that I can't really recall how you gave it to me or when you gave to me." He let out a sigh pulling me towards a table, another forced smile on his lips.

"I'll be right back, okay?"

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜