Summer's day

Lucy breathed in the scent of the flowers, of the earth and the sea. She felt relaxed and warm, leaning into Caspian's embrace. He didn't just physically warm her, but warmed her heart. Sometimes she still couldn't believe it; that she was in Narnia, that Caspian had come to her the third night she was there and kissed her, told her of his love, that they were courting now.

Early in the morning, they would walk in the plants outside the castle- it wasn't really a garden, but a patch of wildflowers and plants. The sun rose over the Eastern Sea, giving the morning such a lovely light. They would sit among the flowers, or lay in the rising sun. Caspian would lay his head on her lap, or let her lean against him.

Winter was coming in Narnia though- and Lucy wondered if they could continue these morning walks. She hoped so, yet her nose was starting to get numb in late fall and she wasn't looking forward to frozen fingers. She shivered and Caspian felt the shudder, "Cold?" He asked as kissed her chilled nose.

"A little…" She lied through chattering teeth and he laughed. "We could go inside?" He offered. Lucy shook her head, "I like our walks out here, it's so peaceful and beautiful and…."

"Cold?" Caspian finished with a laugh. Lucy smacked him lightly, but nodded. "I love winter." Lucy said, "But sometimes, in the middle of the coldest winter's nights, I wish that the warmth of summer was back."

"I don't need the warmth of summer." Caspian nuzzled from his nose into her neck, and she shivered from the sensation of his sudden nearness. "I have your warm."

"Oh Caspian," Lucy said, though she didn't move away from his embrace, "Stop trying to charm me."

"Charm? No. Woo? Well, that my dear, is my job in the courtship." Caspian gave her a wolfish smile,

"Caspian!"

"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?"

"Oh, Caspian, stop." Lucy teased him and then pulled herself to standing. He stood after her, wrapping her in a hug. She giggled, "Where did you even read that?"

"Edmund had a Shakespeare book with him when you came back to Narnia." Caspian explained, "Such a large book…it intrigued me."

"Have read his entire works?" Lucy cocked her head at him, and he shrugged. "Most of it, I've started this play entitled Romeo and Juliet- I thought of us."

Lucy snorted a bit, "Don't."

"What?" Caspian seemed very confused.

"Just…read the play Caspian…" Lucy giggled, grasping his hand and pulling him back towards the castle for breakfast.