Alive with Birdsong

Lucy knew the second she was in a Narnian forest.

She didn't know why she had gotten up in the dead of night to stumble through the forest. But she was certain she had heard Aslan's voice. She had to follow his call; she knew that in her very soul. She hadn't been to Narnia since she was sixteen; now a nineteen year old woman, she didn't know what to expect, but that thought didn't falter her steps.

Suddenly she was out of England and into Narnia- she knew the second it happened. The woods went from cold and distant to warm and comforting. She looked around, she didn't see Aslan anywhere. What did he want for her to do now? She sat on the ground and breathed in deeply- Narnia smelt of life, as it always had. She suddenly got very sleep and stretched out on the ground. She was asleep by the time Aslan approached her and breathed his blessing over her.

....

"Lucy." A voice called gently. She felt fingers tracing her face, as if attempting to rouse her without breaking her. "Lucy, darling, wake up." The fingers brushed her hair, traced her neck and collarbones. Then she felt light kisses on her forehead, cheeks, eyes, nose… Her eyelashes began to flutter open. She became aware of three things: light peaked through her closed eyes, the forest was alive with birdsong and someone was holding her closely, someone very familiar and warm.

Then Lucy uttered one of the most unintelligent things ever. "Five more minutes…."

As soon as his warm chuckled reached her and warmed her heart, she knew who was holding her. She opened her eyes and smiled, "Caspian."