In My Next Novel

Lucy was an ideal diplomat-she was welcoming, friendly without seeming overeager or too trusting. She radiates intelligence and fairness; far from naive. Most importantly, she always kept a cool head. No matter her feelings towards a certain discussion or person, she was able to speak calmly and firmly.

It amazed Caspian.

Most of the time, when an argument had been going for more than ten minutes- and the other side was just so stupid- he would feel his blood boil. He wanted to throw a tantrum like a five year old: to scream and shout. But not Lucy. Her voice remained even, low and sweet. Calming waves radiated off of her. It was no wonder she was able to persuade everyone to her view point.

"How do you stay so calm?" Caspian questioned her after a meeting with a particularly irksome lord.

Lucy shrugged, "It doesn't help to raise my voice."

"But how can you not? When they just crawl under your skin and make your blood pound?"

"Oh, that's simple." Lucy laughed, "I think of ways to kill them."

Caspian froze. "Pardon?"

"In my writings." Lucy giggled at his confusion. "I think, I'm going to write you into my next novel...and your character will die a painful, violent death…" She smirked, "And then, out loud, I am able to tell them to have a nice day while I think of all the ways I could kill them off."

"You're brilliant." Caspian chuckled, "Scary, but brilliant."

Lucy shrugged again, "Well, I'm off to go write about Lord Bismarck begin trampled by his horse." She waved and headed off towards her room. Caspian decided to take her advice, and write out his feelings and frustrations.

I remember the moment I fell in love with her- the very moment. Her head was thrown back, her auburn hair cascading down her back, as she laughed. Oh her laugh- it made my head skip a beat, and that moment, I knew I would spent the rest of my life trying to get Lucy to laugh.