Caspian's Marriage

Lucy didn't think it was possible, but she was actually upset to be back in Narnia. No, upset wasn't the right word- distressed. That was the correct word. She was overjoyed to be home and to never have to go back to England. But that was ruin the second she found the love of her life married to someone else, to a woman who inspired envy in the fairest of maidens and was literally a star.

She was devastated.

She had quickly excused herself from the feast that had been suddenly thrown in her, Edmund and Peter's honor. She had barely ate and not looked up from her plate; she had felt Peter and Edmund's eyes on her, but didn't dare meet their gaze. She was certain Edmund knew of her feelings, but didn't know how deep they ran. She had gracefully exited the dining hall; as soon as she past the doors she fled down the hall, tears pricking her eyes.

She dismissed the maids in her chambers, who had already drawn a bath. She soaked in the tub, listening to the commotion of the castle. I know why you brought us home Aslan, She thought bitterly, But how could I tell him?

She dried herself off slowly. She knew Aslan wouldn't ever leave her, but she felt to utterly alone. She dressed in the fresh nightgown and dressing robe. She pulled her hair back without brushing it and entered her chambers- only to find Caspian sitting on her bed.

"Lucy, I am so sorr-"

"It doesn't matter." She said numbly.

"Yes it does!" He strode towards her, "Lucy, I thought you were gone forever. They needed me to marry."

"And you did." She shrugged. Caspian grasped at her shoulders gently, "Stop pretending like you don't care! I know you do Lucy!"

"Why would I care that the man I love is married to someone else?" Her voice cracked and she refused to look at him. "The man I gave myself to, the man I thought loved me too."

"Damn it Lucy!" Caspian said, tears pricking his eyes, "I do love you! More than anything." He stroked her hair back, desperate for her to look at him instead of the floor. "I gave myself to you as well…only you." Lucy's eyes snapped to his shocked, "You haven't-"

"I don't love her, why would I?" He asked her, letting out a bark of strained laughter at the morbid situation. "And now that you're back, I never will." Caspian let go of her, "I love you Lucy. And even if I can't get this marriage annulled-"

"You can't!" Lucy interrupted.

"I'm going to try. And if I can't, I will still be true to you." Then Caspian gave into both their needs and kissed her desperately. She clung to him, torn between needing him close and shoving him away. They broke and Caspian rested his forehead against hers, breathing harshly.

"If I'm not married to you, then there will be no heir." He promised darkly, "Let them say no to that." He pulled away, intent on making his case now.

"Yes there will be." Lucy said softly. He turned to look at her, but she was looking at her hands crossed over her stomach. "Aslan let us return…because I'm pregnant."