Archery

Caspian had lost track of Lucy almost as soon has the Dawn Treader had landed on the small island. "I told her to go explore." Edmund shrugged, "Lucy loves the sea, but even she can get a little seasick…or rather, sick of the sea."

Caspian nodded and then looked around. Camp was nearly set up, everything appearing to be taken care of. The Caption waved him off and Caspian nodded. Everyone seemed to be heading their separate ways, so Caspian decided to go find Lucy. One of the crew members pointed him in the correct direction and Caspian was careful not to seem too eager to find her.

Caspian was unsure of his growing feelings for Lucy. He only knew that his heart skipped a beat when she was near, and his whole body felt warm down to his very soul. He supposed that was how his father had felt about his mother- not that he had gotten a chance to ask him.

He found her not too deep into the woods. She was concentrating on a roughly drawn target on a distance tree. Taking a deep breath, Lucy drew back an arrow and shot it…just left of center.

"Having some trouble?" Caspian approached her.

"If I say yes, will you tease me?" Lucy smiled back at him, eyes sparkling.

"Not at all." Caspian smirked, "I value my life too much to tease the Warrior Queen."

Lucy punched his shoulder lightly, laughing. Stepping forward, Caspian surrounded her. "May I offer some help?"

Caspian could have sworn he felt her shiver, but she was still before he could truly tell. He wrapped his hand over hers and helped her raise the bow, "You're not pulling back quite right…you have to…" He got momentarily distracted by her scent before he recovered. "Here."

The arrow shot through the air, nailing the center of the target. Before Caspian could congratulate her or even smile, Lucy had turned around in his arms and was kissing him. He froze and she did as well; but, before she could pull away, Caspian wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. And it was in that moment that Caspian knew Lucy had shot an arrow straight at his heart.